Hello & question re. 21" rims with Air Suspension

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

pmg wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:25 am
BanZ wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 am
pmg wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:06 am :All the comments here are based on individuals driving Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars.The suspension settings have changed at each generation.Just saying. :) :) :)
This is the most challenging part for all of us, anyone hoping to get a Gen 3 within the next 6 months probably didn’t test drive before ordering and even now there are a few demo cars out there you are highly unlikely to be able to try all the wheel size vs suspension types to see what works for you unless you wait to place your order in a few months. For that reason I specced air to hopefully avoid/control a ride that is too firm for my tastes - having said that it could still be too floaty for some people’s needs! :)
Agreed

One advantage of having Sports Chrono is that it adds a third suspension setting and gives the option of individual setting to mix the suspension and drive modes
I was under the impression(correctly or not) that with pasm and air specced you could select 3 different comfort modes for suspension without the need for sports chrono. I just thought sports chrono changed gear change points/throttle response?

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

BanZ wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:40 pm
pmg wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:25 am
BanZ wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 am

This is the most challenging part for all of us, anyone hoping to get a Gen 3 within the next 6 months probably didn’t test drive before ordering and even now there are a few demo cars out there you are highly unlikely to be able to try all the wheel size vs suspension types to see what works for you unless you wait to place your order in a few months. For that reason I specced air to hopefully avoid/control a ride that is too firm for my tastes - having said that it could still be too floaty for some people’s needs! :)
Agreed

One advantage of having Sports Chrono is that it adds a third suspension setting and gives the option of individual setting to mix the suspension and drive modes
I was under the impression(correctly or not) that with pasm and air specced you could select 3 different comfort modes for suspension without the need for sports chrono. I just thought sports chrono changed gear change points/throttle response?
You are correct Banz!
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

^^^ That combo seems fine on an S too, although I don't have the breadth of experience to make comparisons.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PASM
Three modes are available as standard.

Air Suspension
Includes PASM as standard
Additionally air includes a Low ride setting that lowers the car by c10mm, an off road mode that raises the car plus controls in the boot that lowers the rear to aids loading and unloading. Switch off the engine and the car lowers itself, unlock the car and it raises itself.

Engine & Gearbox settings
Two modes as standard, we usually call them Comfort & Sport, with Sport+ only being available if Sports Chrono is included.
Select Sport mode and it moves PASM into first stage mode with one light showing and we confusingly call it Sport mode

The above is for Gen 1 hence I presume it is the same or similar for gen 2 & 3.

As a side point of hopefully interest, on uneven roads you can tell a slight differece in straightline ride quality between the three PASM settings, now try each setting on a billiard table smooth road surface like you will experience at the PEC and the difference in ride quality is far less discernable and only becomes more noticeable as you increase cornering speeds. Try it yourself as well as trying the engine modes next time you are there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags