Macan S Order Placed

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Not so keen on the plastic dash with the standard interior, looks cheap and nasty to me for the price you pay for the car. For me the leather upgrade for the interior is a must.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 pm Not so keen on the plastic dash with the standard interior, looks cheap and nasty to me for the price you pay for the car. For me the leather upgrade for the interior is a must.
Not so. Have you actually sat in one in standard spec?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:07 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 pm Not so keen on the plastic dash with the standard interior, looks cheap and nasty to me for the price you pay for the car. For me the leather upgrade for the interior is a must.
No I haven’t, but I will be doing tomorrow. Maybe in the flesh so to speak it looks good,but from the picture posted it doesn’t look good, especially on a car worth nearly 60k with basic options. On a car at that price it should be standard.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:22 pm
SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:07 pm
No I haven’t, but I will be doing tomorrow. Maybe in the flesh so to speak it looks good,but from the picture posted it doesn’t look good, especially on a car worth nearly 60k with basic options. On a car at that price it should be standard.
I’ve gone with extended leather. The inside of the normal non-cow covered Macan is ok but looks very similar to the interior finish on my mini. Nice soft touch plastics but not what I want in a £60k+ car.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

After reading these two threads regarding the leather dash problems on the US Macan forum, I’m pleased I’ve got the standard dash 👍

I know we don’t get super high temperatures here in the UK, but I’d be interested to hear if anyone in UK has suffered any similar problems with their leather dash?

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/leat ... st-2594706

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/leat ... st-2595786
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

AllanG wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:09 pm After reading these two threads regarding the leather dash problems on the US Macan forum, I’m pleased I’ve got the standard dash 👍

I know we don’t get super high temperatures here in the UK, but I’d be interested to hear if anyone in UK has suffered any similar problems with their leather dash?

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/leat ... st-2594706

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/leat ... st-2595786
Its a new car, it'll be under warranty so I'm not all that fussed. Must say though, with the class action lawsuit against the leaky sunroofs, the transfer box issues, this leather issue and the door buttons falling apart on my test drive, I think the Porsche build quality is not looking all its cracked-up to be.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Sure your car will be under warranty for the first 3 years, but I still wouldn’t be happy if the complete dash needed replacing, if this leather ‘delamination’ problem occurs 🤔
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon