Macan S Order Placed

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MattS

Post by MattS »

Hi everyone,

Back in early-mid September I paid my deposit for a Macan S; 7th in the order demand queue at my dealership at the time and I'm now apparently 4th.

This is my current spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6D5G86

This is my first Porsche- anything from more seasoned members which I've obviously missed?

Currently toying with the colour and the seats mainly but I'm sure the whole spec will change 99 or 100 times before locked in!

Appreciate the colour won't be to everyone's taste but I've owned orange cars previously and personally I am a big fan! I am also tempted by Dolomite silver though as I've not had a silver car before and it seems to work well on the Macan?

Really not sure whether to add the 14 way seats to get the leather. My current car has alcantara in the middle of the seat and leather on the support and I prefer it every day to some of the full leather seats I've had before. Unless I'm mistaken sport tex isn't alcantara but is new on this Model? This might be one I need to see first!

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's cars!

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Nice spec.

Makes me laugh that 20 years ago you’d have to pay to get the door handles and mirrors painted, now you have to pay extra to have them black!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Percymon wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm Nice spec.

Makes me laugh that 20 years ago you’d have to pay to get the door handles and mirrors painted, now you have to pay extra to have them black!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

MattS wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:58 pm Hi everyone,

Back in early-mid September I paid my deposit for a Macan S; 7th in the order demand queue at my dealership at the time and I'm now apparently 4th.

Congrats on the order. Out of interest have you moved up the line due to cancelled orders or fulfilment of orders in front of you? I'd not considered maybe I'll climb the line if people are cancelling :D

Ref colour I think its personal preference. It looks great in every colour IMO

I also think the 14 way seats are a must on the s. Full leather (leatherette standard), electric steering wheel adjustment, seat memory for both front seats, tilting side mirror on reverse, lights under the mirror for lighting the curb
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

This is my first Porsche- anything from more seasoned members which I've obviously missed?

Currently toying with the colour and the seats mainly but I'm sure the whole spec will change 99 or 100 times before locked in!

Appreciate the colour won't be to everyone's taste but I've owned orange cars previously and personally I am a big fan! I am also tempted by Dolomite silver though as I've not had a silver car before and it seems to work well on the Macan?

Really not sure whether to add the 14 way seats to get the leather. My current car has alcantara in the middle of the seat and leather on the support and I prefer it every day to some of the full leather seats I've had before. Unless I'm mistaken sport tex isn't alcantara but is new on this Model? This might be one I need to see first!

The S will be a great car.

It’s all personal preference but here are my comments

- you’ve done well to limit number of options on S otherwise it can start to get close to a GTS
- I’d drop papaya, genuinely think it’s a fad and won’t be great come resale. Also don’t think it’s a nice colour and changes depending on light. wouldn’t go dolomite as think it works best with black accents that come with a GTS. Volcano, gentian, midnight blue and black all look great.
- I’d save Approx £3k by dropping sports exhaust, Bose, door handles painted black and dimming mirrors (find they are less valuable when you have privacy glass) and speed limit indicator. I’ve had all these things in my various porsches before.
- would spend money saved on 14 or 18 way seats, reversing camera, heated windscreen, interior leather.

If you can spend more then add back sports exhaust. I’d balance making sure interior is nice as you’ll spend lots of time inside
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:13 pm

- you’ve done well to limit number of options on S otherwise it can start to get close to a GTS
- I’d drop papaya, genuinely think it’s a fad and won’t be great come resale. Also don’t think it’s a nice colour and changes depending on light. wouldn’t go dolomite as think it works best with black accents that come with a GTS. Volcano, gentian, midnight blue and black all look great.
- I’d save Approx £3k by dropping sports exhaust, Bose, door handles painted black and dimming mirrors (find they are less valuable when you have privacy glass) and speed limit indicator. I’ve had all these things in my various porsches before.
- would spend money saved on 14 or 18 way seats, reversing camera, heated windscreen, interior leather.

If you can spend more then add back sports exhaust. I’d balance making sure interior is nice as you’ll spend lots of time inside
So you’ve basically ripped his/her car apart !!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:26 pm

He wanted opinions on a public forum, so that’s what he got.
No right/wrong but just what I think
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I think everything is a personal opinion I guess that’s why there are so many threads about options. You have to decide if you like the advice you are given and how much of it you want to follow. Best bet if you get given a curve ball is build it on the configurator, see what it looks like and costs and go from there. Personally I haven’t gone for a highly optioned S for example but I can easily see why someone might want one which costs the same as a base GTS. Each to their own, in my humble opinion they are all great cars(unless you have coloured wheels that match the car body ;))
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:37 pm I think everything is a personal opinion I guess that’s why there are so many threads about options. You have to decide if you like the advice you are given and how much of it you want to follow. Best bet if you get given a curve ball is build it on the configurator, see what it looks like and costs and go from there. Personally I haven’t gone for a highly optioned S for example but I can easily see why someone might want one which costs the same as a base GTS. Each to their own, in my humble opinion they are all great cars(unless you have coloured wheels that match the car body ;))
Agree with above, option the car for you and nobody else, personally I think the standard S wheels look too small, so for me 21’s are a must and probably black on black! :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
MattS

Post by MattS »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:29 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:26 pm

He wanted opinions on a public forum, so that’s what he got.
No right/wrong but just what I think
More than happy to have the spec ripped apart- if you would change bits feel free to tell me! (Doesn’t mean I’ll listen but the debate will probably help me to prioritise what I really want).

I do agree with spending more money on the inside. Ideally I’d like to see a base interior but I doubt any dealers will have one in a low spec- perhaps some people on this forum will!

If I drop options to spend on the inside it would be bose and the sports exhaust first so we’re on the same page there. Again appreciate your comments on papaya but personally I do like it- each to their own!

I probably wouldn’t bother with the reversing camera- I’ve not owned an SUV before but I’ve had it on ‘large’ cars like a Merc C350e and I never used it, I’m fine with just having the sensors: so the saving there with potentially the Bose and PSE I can look to spend on making the interior better.

Thanks for your comments!