I've taken the plunge

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Walters

Post by Walters »

Hi Guys

Been checking this forum on and off for the past few years, particularly when changing my car. I have been considering a Macan for quite some time and even placed an order a few years back. Last week I sold my BMW X5 and thought I 'd finally take the plunge and get a Macan.

Not knowing the situtaion with orders on the Gen III I contacted my local centre to place an order expecting to wait 6 months, imagine my shock when quoted late 2022 possibly even early 2023. Nevertheless I still proceeded and ordered a GTS with the hope I'd be driving it by Christmas 2022. Like most Men I'm quite impatient and decided over the weekend that I would retain my order but also try and find something that may not be what I excatly want to tide me over that 12 month period, task for Monday call Porsche Centres accross the UK. I must say I was really impressed with the general standard of Sales Exec, no one laughed at me, all went out of thier way to professionally explain the situtaion and a few even took my details should they get any cancellations etc.

Welll, that hour on the phone really has paid dividends, Damien from Solihull got in touch and had a Gen II GTS cancelled order on the ship from Emden, I would have delivery within 2 weeks. The best part its the Colour I wanted (Dolomite Silver) and has an extensive list of options, I am truly delighted. Given the shortage of supply and Spec of the Gen II GTS I am confident that the next year will be enjoyable motoring whilst I wait for my Gen III and not break the bank.

So there you have it, after years sitting on the fence I've joined the club and I cannot wait to get some miles in my new car.

www.porsche-code.com/PM3WR935

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome Walters to the Porsche family. A very sound decision getting a Gen 2 GTS.

Relatively new ones, with low mileage, are currently fetching more secondhand than they cost new. Just this week I was offered £4k more than I paid for mine 16 months ago! Tempting, but I'm not selling.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
cc3

Post by cc3 »

Well done hard work paid off Gen2 is a great car
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Wish they still did that wheel design on the gen3
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D

Well worth the effort ...... enjoy your new GTS :D :D
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

That’s a decent spec, great result you won’t be disappointed 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Great result! I was going to order new but bought a very low mileage diesel instead.. I just couldn't stand the wait
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Gen 2 GTS, they're great cars. You never know, in a few months you may well end up asking for your deposit back on the Gen 3 car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Walters

Post by Walters »

Thanks for being so welcoming.

Today was the Day, up at 7.00am this morning and on my way to Soliuhull. Huge thank you to Damien for making the handover so memorable.

The Car no whas 350 miles on the clock having spent the Day in the Brecon Beacons.

What can I say. Wow, why have I not realsied earlier what a great Car the Macan really is. I have not stopped smiling all day.

A few Photos when I got home.

QHDgXEIyT9qdKjnC%Ktfzg.jpg

%XWkbsWfTlesi8ZudyP1Sw.jpg

XjBlOJlvT7m6E+HlztBjAQ.jpg

hood69

Post by hood69 »

That's a stunner.