New member - Macan S Gen 3 due Friday

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Toria1118

Post by Toria1118 »

Hi all, been following for a while. Very helpful with final build. Ordered April and should have my car on Friday hopefully!

I just happened to see a post on another thread about insurance (can’t find it now), rang my insurer and they can’t insure it because it doesn't exist yet! Has anyone got their GEN 3 yet and managed to get insurance?

Thanks

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Toria1118 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:42 pm Hi all, been following for a while. Very helpful with final build. Ordered April and should have my car on Friday hopefully!

I just happened to see a post on another thread about insurance (can’t find it now), rang my insurer and they can’t insure it because it doesn't exist yet! Has anyone got their GEN 3 yet and managed to get insurance?

Thanks
Apparently talking to LV or Admiral works. I have also noticed that if you put the reg of the Gen 3 s’s i just posted into Direct line it works. So try phoning and giving them one of the existing registrations and tell then its the same car. SE told me everyone is having the same problem
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Hiya
I covered ours with Admiral after speaking direct .

Also I’ve just put our reg in on Direct Line and it’s showing the right model and engine size so you should be ok with them .
Toria1118

Post by Toria1118 »

Thank you both.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:47 pm Hi,
Regards,
Dan.
Your website also shows only the gen2 Macan models not the new 2022 Gen3 models. So same problem as other insurers.
Deleted User 4436

Regards,
Dan.
also doesn’t recognise the reg for a couple of the cars shown on this website, so we know they are real but don’t show up if I try and search against them ( they do on direct line )
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Had the same problem with my Gen 2 S back in May 2019. ALL the comparison sites gave a price, but for the wrong spec.. Eventually went through APlan as a broker and got the insurance through LV.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:27 pm
Regards,
Dan.
also doesn’t recognise the reg for a couple of the cars shown on this website, so we know they are real but don’t show up if I try and search against them ( they do on direct line )
I did try this with direct line on their website yesterday, it recognised the reg with the right engine size(just said Macan not Macan S) but after going through all the forms the system said they couldn’t quote. Have you had anymore luck or did you do it over the phone?
Deleted User 4436

BanZ wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:51 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:27 pm
Regards,
Dan.
I did try this with direct line on their website yesterday, it recognised the reg with the right engine size(just said Macan not Macan S) but after going through all the forms the system said they couldn’t quote. Have you had anymore luck or did you do it over the phone?
I’d suggest calling them and letting us know how you get on. I did call them about a week ago and they were very helpful but ultimately said they couldn’t even provide a quote. However, the fact that registered cars are showing up on their website should at least provide them with all the details they need. They told me they should be ok by Nov but even my SE said everyone is struggling.