Gen3 wheels - my order is about to be frozen

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
pmg

Post by pmg »

I would not change from the 19. they should be quieter than 20 as on the Macan the 18 and 19 sets are narrower which has advantages in rain etc. They are also cheaper to replace and with PASM would give a superb ride,

I thought the non-cosmetic aspects of your build would produce an excellent vehicle for touring and overall an excellent spec.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Deleted User 4607

Post by Deleted User 4607 »

thanks all...food for thought!

If I see any S or GTS's in my rear view (auto dimming) mirrors I will wave you past on the Midhurst section of the A272!

I think 20 Inch wheels do look good but might stick with the 19inch....Good advice about Wireless charging...rear badge back on!

My biggest mistake was having finally agreed the spec, the night before our trip to the dealer to place the order, my very sensible and long suffering wife 'persuaded' me to delete a number of items, furtively I re added them before sending the dealer the code...bad move, the bl**dy dealer projected my final spec on to a large screen and the proceeded to discuss each selection...Wifey not impressed!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Dodsley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 pm thanks all...food for thought!

If I see any S or GTS's in my rear view (auto dimming) mirrors I will wave you past on the Midhurst section of the A272!

I think 20 Inch wheels do look good but might stick with the 19inch....Good advice about Wireless charging...rear badge back on!

My biggest mistake was having finally agreed the spec, the night before our trip to the dealer to place the order, my very sensible and long suffering wife 'persuaded' me to delete a number of items, furtively I re added them before sending the dealer the code...bad move, the bl**dy dealer projected my final spec on to a large screen and the proceeded to discuss each selection...Wifey not impressed!
My S had a build date of yesterday, I’ve not been brave enough to check if it actually happened or not. I’m just outside Petworth ( as you may have guessed ) so happy for you to have a play if mine turns up over the next 2-3 weeks.
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Dodsley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:33 pm Hi Everybody...I have been reading all the posts and picked up a huge amount of info as a Porsche virgin...brilliant forum :D
I started my Macan deliberations with the usual S v GTS dilemma, however over time I have made what most on this forum will tell me is a strange option of going for the base version...reason being I have been lucky to own a number of 'mild performance' cars over the years ie boring hot hatches, TVR V8S, Vauxhall VX220 and I still own a Golf R 7.5. Due to old age (57) it has dawned on me I'm more interested in driving a brilliantly handling, reasonably comfortable, quality small SUV as an everyday car and long European motorway cruiser. In terms of speed I need only enough power to get past the numerous elderly Honda Jazz drivers who plague the A272 and surrounding roads in West Sussex.

Enough of my excuses...now for the advice, bearing in mind my aspirations above, 19 or 20 inch wheels????? Saving c.£2.5k from my already over indulged options (PSAM but not Air) by sticking with the 19 inch comfy riding wheels is tempting but do they detract from the feedback and handling as opposed to the 20 inch?

PNYRXGF8...

thanks for your thoughts!
I'm 61 with a 310bhp Boxster 987S and a Range Rover Sport! Those "elderly Honda Jazz drivers" are a menace - haring about and sitting on my bumper. "You should have left home earlier" is my advice to those speed fiends! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 4607

Post by Deleted User 4607 »

Hi Omni

thanks for the offer...certainly interested to have a look around your S when it arrives......
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

My S had a build date of yesterday, I’ve not been brave enough to check if it actually happened or not. I’m just outside Petworth ( as you may have guessed ) so happy for you to have a play if mine turns up over the next 2-3 weeks.
[/quote]

Go on then, tell us, has it happened?? 😁😳
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Dodsley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am Hi Omni

thanks for the offer...certainly interested to have a look around your S when it arrives......
👍

Waiting for them to call me back with a build update. Everyone seems to be off this week ( half term I suspect)
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am
Dodsley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am Hi Omni

👍

Waiting for them to call me back with a build update. Everyone seems to be off this week ( half term I suspect)
Fingers crossed for you.👍
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
andreas

Post by andreas »

Percymon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:52 pm Personally i dont think there is anything wrong with the 19" wheels visually, and i'd even say you dont need PASM with them (unless you want to be able to firm things up from time to time) -- even with a 20" wheel you've still got 106mm of tyre wall height that'll flex on cornering, turn in etc.

I'd also question a few of your other choices; appreciate these are always personal or buyers working to a final budget figure..

black tail pipes must be one of Porsche' biggest earners - £500 lol! A can of high temperature paint is £20 and gives 90% the same effect, and black tips still show dirt and tarnishing
wireless charging - do you really spend that much time in the car to need this ? Even when playing music from the phone continuously my iphone last 4-5 hours. The option of a usb cable is hardly obstructive.
Bose - debatable how much difference it really makes, those that have it will say it does, those without it are happy with the stock system - again unless you spend tens of hours a week at the wheel its not a necessary option

There you go, saved you nearly £3k lol!
I'd agree with all that. I'd also question the value of Lane Change Assist. But I'd definitely add Surround View.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)