Lead time new macan base

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

EDZ wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:14 pm
Dannytyres wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:46 pm Thanks for your honest informed opinion I’m gonna do my time and wait for the glorious day just get the odd urge to stray from the original plan it’ll be worth the wait I’m sure 👍👍
……One thing is for sure you will be on and off the configurator so many times you will lose count, and you will be changing and questioning your specification so many times as we all have…., :lol: :lol:
Very, VERY, true.

Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

BanZ wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:52 pm Omni is right, Bose is just the latest rumour causing delays. Previously air suspension or 14/18 way seats were causing delays and that’s just not happened in reality for the majority of forum members. Try to setup a regular call with your Porsche garage though as no info can be frustrating!
I'm not sure about all these rumours myself, ordered a Macan S in July with Pan roof, Air, 14 way seats, Bose, expected build end Oct got a phone call from OPC Tuesday 2/11 car at Emden awaiting shipment to UK. Appears to me to have gone according to plan maybe a few days delay?
Deleted User 4436

Nig0151 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:26 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:52 pm Omni is right, Bose is just the latest rumour causing delays. Previously air suspension or 14/18 way seats were causing delays and that’s just not happened in reality for the majority of forum members. Try to setup a regular call with your Porsche garage though as no info can be frustrating!
I'm not sure about all these rumours myself, ordered a Macan S in July with Pan roof, Air, 14 way seats, Bose, expected build end Oct got a phone call from OPC Tuesday 2/11 car at Emden awaiting shipment to UK. Appears to me to have gone according to plan maybe a few days delay?
That’s depressing. Ordered mine in July, no air or Bose but does have all the other stuff you mentioned. Had a build date of the end of Oct. Apparently its been built but its still sitting in Germany and apparently will be until at least 26th Nov awaiting some missing parts to be fitted.

Can’t think of anything particular that mine would be missing. Did you get the surround camera or heated rear seats, or ACC?
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

There’s no logic to deliveries. Some are delayed and some aren’t. The spec seems not to make much difference.
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:40 pm
That’s depressing. Ordered mine in July, no air or Bose but does have all the other stuff you mentioned. Had a build date of the end of Oct. Apparently its been built but its still sitting in Germany and apparently will be until at least 26th Nov awaiting some missing parts to be fitted.

Can’t think of anything particular that mine would be missing. Did you get the surround camera or heated rear seats, or ACC?
Picked the bells no whistles( heated rear seats, ACC etc,etc) could it be that my order was for the Macan S (V6 engine)
Deleted User 4436

Nig0151 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:53 pm

Picked the bells no whistles( heated rear seats, ACC etc,etc) could it be that my order was for the Macan S (V6 engine)
Nope, Mine’s an S. who’s your OPC?
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:46 pm
Nig0151 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:53 pm

Nope, Mine’s an S. who’s your OPC?
Hull, had to go further than ideal, my local OPC had a packed waiting list for the S. Looking at shipping schedules as I await delivery, do the Northern OPC's only get there deliveries from Grimsby port? or is Sheerness an option? there appears to be regular sailings to Sheerness and nothing imminent for the port of Grimsby.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

According to the interim BMW results they made more money because they concentrated production on high end models with a bigger margin. So if VAG have done the same Porsche, Bentley and Lambos would have first dibs on any component shortages. I think the problem is more to do with pent up demand.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Nig0151 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:02 pm
Hull, had to go further than ideal ....... there appears to be regular sailings to Sheerness and nothing imminent for the port of Grimsby.
Probably for the best anything coming through Grimsby might well smell of fish 😝
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP