Lead time new macan base

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dannytyres

Post by Dannytyres »

First time poster here and hopefully first time Porsche owner 🤞orderd my macan early September and am hoping to receive it March/April 2022. What are your thoughts am I being optimistic or could I be a proud new owner by then 🤞🤞🤞keep getting tempted to buy something used in a very expensive market but trying my best to hold out for the new facelift model that’s stolen my heart ❤️ thoughts much appreciated I know it’s gonna be worth the wait but it’s torturous 🤨

Dannytyres

Post by Dannytyres »

Forgot to mention it’s the base model but with a nice upgraded spec including pan roof which I’m told can add to the waiting time👍
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Dannytyres wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm Forgot to mention it’s the base model but with a nice upgraded spec including pan roof which I’m told can add to the waiting time👍
Welcome Earth dweller. Everything from Pan roofs to breathing appears to be affecting delivery at the moment!! If you're unsure whether patience was a virtue you'll soon find out that it really is :lol:
Last edited by PorscheMack on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Dannytyres wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm Forgot to mention it’s the base model but with a nice upgraded spec including pan roof which I’m told can add to the waiting time👍
Spec it without wheels and headlights and no options and you may reduce the wait slightly.
Dannytyres

Post by Dannytyres »

😂😂 buy the time it comes it may not need wheels we could be in the age of the flying car although I doubt that would comply with the new ulez zones 😉
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Dannytyres wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:26 pm First time poster here and hopefully first time Porsche owner 🤞orderd my macan early September and am hoping to receive it March/April 2022. What are your thoughts am I being optimistic or could I be a proud new owner by then 🤞🤞🤞keep getting tempted to buy something used in a very expensive market but trying my best to hold out for the new facelift model that’s stolen my heart ❤️ thoughts much appreciated I know it’s gonna be worth the wait but it’s torturous 🤨
As you can see there are some “very helpful” people here. When I spoke to the sales exec at my local dealership in October they said new orders were looking at completion around summer 2022, but I’d take that with a pinch of salt. I think your delivery estimate sounds realistic.

There are some items that are currently causing delays in delivery but it’s impossible to know if that will get better or worse. On the whole you can ignore all the advice you get on which parts cause delays as that seems to change daily. It was originally suspension parts and seats ( although neither of these actually seemed to have caused delays in the real world ). The latest rumours are BOSE stereo and ECU’s ( on the base models ) are causing delays, but nobody really knows how true that is.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride, until you can actually “enjoy the ride”, so to speak. Your estimates don’t sound unreasonable but reason is in short supply at the moment.
Dannytyres

Post by Dannytyres »

Thanks for your honest informed opinion I’m gonna do my time and wait for the glorious day just get the odd urge to stray from the original plan it’ll be worth the wait I’m sure 👍👍
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Omni is right, Bose is just the latest rumour causing delays. Previously air suspension or 14/18 way seats were causing delays and that’s just not happened in reality for the majority of forum members. Try to setup a regular call with your Porsche garage though as no info can be frustrating!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

BanZ wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:52 pm Omni is right, Bose is just the latest rumour causing delays. Previously air suspension or 14/18 way seats were causing delays and that’s just not happened in reality for the majority of forum members. Try to setup a regular call with your Porsche garage though as no info can be frustrating!
That’s very good advice. My SE has been very helpful when I have spoken to him but communication is definitely only in one direction. You’ll have to chase.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Dannytyres wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:46 pm Thanks for your honest informed opinion I’m gonna do my time and wait for the glorious day just get the odd urge to stray from the original plan it’ll be worth the wait I’m sure 👍👍
Everyone's opinions are correct its just a long wait and see. :D One thing is for sure you will be on and off the configurator so many times you will lose count, and you will be changing and questioning your specification so many times as we all have. As the SE says at the OPC all part of the fun of buying a Porsche :lol: :lol:
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)