Air or Bose??

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 pm Potentially going to sound the ultimate oxymoron (or just moron!!!)

Take a risk!!! Go for air. You can dial it down if you want and if you have chrono (again a very divisive subject) have fun swapping the settings!!! and from what I can see holds its value better than coloured stitching.

If I didn't want all these gizmos and the fun I may have with them I'd have bought something else!!!

Go for it.

Bin the Bose as it's £834 wasted that you probably will never notice as you'll be listening to whatever lovely exhaust you end up buying!!!!!

Btw bin the pano. Some folk swear by pano roofs. I don't want to risk the potential leaks caused by a bit of glass that's actually behind me as I'll be driving the car! (That's going to stir a hornets nest!!!)
OMG! Don’t give me another crisis “bin the pano?”
I thought the Macan was unsellable without it!! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

New User

Post by New User »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 pm Take a risk!!! Go for air.

Bin the Bose as it's £834 wasted that you probably will never notice as you'll be listening to whatever lovely exhaust you end up buying!!!!!

Btw bin the pano. Some folk swear by pano roofs. I don't want to risk the potential leaks caused by a bit of glass that's actually behind me as I'll be driving the car! (That's going to stir a hornets nest!!!)
Done exactly the same for my order (Air but no Bose or pano)...The roof will get you something back on resale value whereas many of the other options will get you back precisely zero. I spec the options for my enjoyment so am prepared to write them off come resale.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 pm Potentially going to sound the ultimate oxymoron (or just moron!!!)

Take a risk!!! Go for air. You can dial it down if you want and if you have chrono (again a very divisive subject) have fun swapping the settings!!! and from what I can see holds its value better than coloured stitching.

If I didn't want all these gizmos and the fun I may have with them I'd have bought something else!!!

Go for it.

Fact 25% don't have pano. They will never leak! Ever!!!!
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:07 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 pm

Go for it.

Fact 25% don't have pano. They will never leak! Ever!!!!
Spec your car for yourself no others. The only one to benefit from Pan roof on resale is the stealer good selling point for them. You get no more money for it when you sell it. In today's new market place with all the car supermarkets such as WBAC, Cazoo etc who always give you more money for it than OPC's anyway whether you have 20K of extras or no extras your given the same price, Times have changed.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:28 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:01 pm Must definitely 100% you do not need Air Suspension at all.

A Macan is an SUV not a sports car and one fitted with air suspension and set low will handle slightly better but it will not be earth shatteringly better, been there driven Macans with and without PASM and with air.

My Turbo has Air which I specced for its improved ride quality, not for the improved handling.

There have been members who find air suspension to wallowing and they have soon sold on their Macan’s.

Bose imo would be a better bet for resale if that is your criteria.
The thing is I would like the best ride quality possible. If that means air and there are added handling benefits, then great, but ride quality is king for me. Already ruled out Bose, not worth £100 more let alone £840!
Air does give a great ride, it reacts quicker to changes in the road surface v a PASM only Macan.

I tested a Macan with air around the PEC and on the roads around the circuit, pushing it hard on the B roads and it gave great handling, back on the circuits pushed even harder and it simply works.

The rub is wheel size, I stuck with the stock 20” on my Turbo but when I looked to sell it I did get reactions “if only” it had the 21” rims from some of the trade guys offering to buy it.

Years ago Porsche changed the standard audio, they lowered the power and changed the number of speakers, this caused quite a bit of concern at the time but when I put my SD card in a new Macan and played my test tracks I then did the same in a early Macan that was on the used lot and the new Macan audio was distinctly more richer and had more clarity than the old system. I have no idea what the new Gen 3 audio is but it will probably depend on the type of music files you play.

At one of our Macan Meets Nuclear Nick and I sat in my Macan to listen to a few tracks that I had created with different data rates for the MP3 files, the results were very different. So what I am really saying is if you just stream or listen to downloaded audio files and you are not an audiofile then standard will no doubt surfice, otherwise go for Bose. If you can listen to both.

I agree with the other members, forget about resale and spec it for your use.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

If it’s simply air or Bose, I’d definitely pick air, so long as the air suspension doesn’t make you feel queasy, as it does for some folk... 🤢
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I love my Panoramic roof. Lovely in the summer and lights up the cabin on a dreary winters day. Also found the air suspension to be much more comfortable than without. No idea what the Chrono pack supposed to do other than time laps of a circuit which will never happen for the vast majority of owners As for the engine note, it is pants compared to a straight six. Just my view.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 pm I love my Panoramic roof. Lovely in the summer and lights up the cabin on a dreary winters day. Also found the air suspension to be much more comfortable than without. No idea what the Chrono pack supposed to do other than time laps of a circuit which will never happen for the vast majority of owners As for the engine note, it is pants compared to a straight six. Just my view.
Yes will go with roof for those reasons. Re sound, my mate brought around his GTS for me to look at/play with and my wife’s M240i “out noised” it comprehensively and he has PSE!
Luckily I couldn’t give a flying fig about exhaust noise…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 pm I love my Panoramic roof. Lovely in the summer and lights up the cabin on a dreary winters day. Also found the air suspension to be much more comfortable than without. No idea what the Chrono pack supposed to do other than time laps of a circuit which will never happen for the vast majority of owners As for the engine note, it is pants compared to a straight six. Just my view.
Yes will go with roof for those reasons. Re sound, my mate brought around his GTS for me to look at/play with and my wife’s M240i “out noised” it comprehensively and he has PSE!
Luckily I couldn’t give a flying fig about exhaust noise…
Sports chrono adds Sport+ mode; adds the mode selector to the steering wheel; adds the boost button that sets everything to 11 for 20 seconds for added oomph; and finally it lets you customise all the above so you can set your own configurations. It also adds launch control which you’ll never use. For me sports chrono is way more important than a slightly noisier exhaust.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Where does the extra oomph come from??
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S