Air or Bose??

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Tracky wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:27 pm Where does the extra oomph come from??
According to the internet, which is always accurate, it adds extra turbo boost for 20 seconds. No idea if that’s even remotely true.

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:37 pm
According to the internet, which is always accurate, it adds extra turbo boost for 20 seconds. No idea if that’s even remotely true.
I’ve read a lot of different answers to this, I’d love to know for sure what the actual answer definately is.
Deleted User 4436

BanZ wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:42 pm
I’ve read a lot of different answers to this, I’d love to know for sure what the actual answer definately is.
According to this article its just a quick way of summoning Sport+ for 20 seconds if you are in one of the other drive modes

https://www.cars.com/amp/articles/what- ... 684239311/

But this one says it changes the turbo boost

https://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-991/ ... tures/amp/
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The point behind Tracky's comment is that the engine has a maximum output of 375 or 430bhp (depending on whether it's an S or GTS) and there is no button you can press that will make it develop any more.

Even the Macan catalogue only refers to "sports response" without actually providing details of what it does. The normal setting in my car is comfort and pressing sports response either selects Sport or Sport Plus (I don't really know which). It certainly drops the gearbox down two gears and opens up the Sports Exhaust. I find it handy for overtaking on single carriageway roads because it is slightly faster than pulling out in 6th or 7th and using accelerator pressure to achieve the same downshift. It may just be illusory. It may well be that if you drive around with the transmission set in sports or sports plus pressing the button has no effect. I don't know as I've never tried it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4436

On-Track wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 pm
The point behind Tracky's comment is that the engine has a maximum output of 375 or 430bhp (depending on whether it's an S or GTS) and there is no button you can press that will make it develop any more.

Even the Macan catalogue only refers to "sports response" without actually providing details of what it does. The normal setting in my car is comfort and pressing sports response either selects Sport or Sport Plus (I don't really know which). It certainly drops the gearbox down two gears and opens up the Sports Exhaust. I find it handy for overtaking on single carriageway roads because it is slightly faster than pulling out in 6th or 7th and using accelerator pressure to achieve the same downshift. It may just be illusory. It may well be that if you drive around with the transmission set in sports or sports plus pressing the button has no effect. I don't know as I've never tried it.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Slightly off topic but has the pan roof changed on Gen3? It looks less wide than on Gen2…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Omni, one of the links you posted above referred to an "overboost" function on the 911. I don't think that feature exists on the Macan. Certainly neither the video or the links you posted referred to a Macan.

Of course, if it's on t'internet it must be true. :lol: :lol:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Re Pan roof - I Highly doubt it, it’s a quick facelift, that would take some major engineering, re-tooling etc
Last edited by MH82 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Deleted User 4436

On-Track wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:12 pm Omni, one of the links you posted above referred to an "overboost" function on the 911. I don't think that feature exists on the Macan. Certainly neither the video or the links you posted referred to a Macan.

Of course, if it's on t'internet it must be true. :lol: :lol:
The internet would never lie, NEVER!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

MH82 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:14 pm Re Pan roof - I Highly doubt it, it’s a quick facelift, that would take some major engineering, re-tooling etc
Switches are identical to Gen 2 and tbh now look out of place compared to the new haptics.