New Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Lovely car but in the second pic the bonnet alignment looks way out, maybe worth bringing it up with your dealer? A lot of cars suffered from this and needed adjusting.

BCR1970

Post by BCR1970 »

Enjoy!
2019 Gen 2, Macan base, dolomite silver.
2022 Gen 3 GTS Volcano Grey
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:55 pm That’s beautiful! Any pictures of inside and what was the spec? Also are they the RS spyders but with a monochrome centre badge?
Prefer the monochrome to the colour ones on certain wheels ... like it.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

jonnydrama wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:19 am Lovely car but in the second pic the bonnet alignment looks way out, maybe worth bringing it up with your dealer? A lot of cars suffered from this and needed adjusting.
Haven't seen anyone mention this on here. And the ones I've seen are all the same?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:04 pm
jonnydrama wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:19 am Lovely car but in the second pic the bonnet alignment looks way out, maybe worth bringing it up with your dealer? A lot of cars suffered from this and needed adjusting.
Haven't seen anyone mention this on here. And the ones I've seen are all the same?
No, it's 100% a thing.

Here's a post from 2 months ago, one of the first that comes up when you search 'bonnet alignment'. There's other threads that give details of what the actual gaps should be etc.

Maybe that pic makes it look worse than it is but it's the right thing to do making OP aware that it's an issue which people have had corrected.

macan-bonnet.jpg

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

jonnydrama wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:19 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:04 pm
No, it's 100% a thing.

Here's a post from 2 months ago, one of the first that comes up when you search 'bonnet alignment'. There's other threads that give details of what the actual gaps should be etc.

Maybe that pic makes it look worse than it is but it's the right thing to do making OP aware that it's an issue which people have had corrected.
Wow!! I'll remember that should my car ever arrive 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I saw something similiar in another pic of a Gen 3 car and it looked out to me but no one else seemed to comment so didn't mention again ... :roll:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I did see something similar on a recent pic of the the FOS gap between the bonnet and the lower wing but wondered if it was the camera angle as the other pics looked ok.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi Leejay and welcome to the forum.

I agree with those who say the monochrome wheels centres match your chosen wheels very well.

The bonnet alignment on your car looks OK to me. IMHO, the third photo shows it sitting well and the second photo is the result of camera angle. If you'd chosen Carmine Red instead of Crayon nobody would have noticed. :lol:

To my mind bonnet misalignment on the Macan is a self inflicted problem for Porsche. The bonnet pressing is one of the largest single pressings and because it's required to open there are only two anchorage points.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I’ve just had my 2020 Macan S bonnet realigned under warranty, but the car had to be taken to the Porsche Approved Body Repair centre in Poole, as my local OPC, Portsmouth, said that the alignment had to be carried out by a Porsche Approved Repair centre.....and I was very pleased with the work carried out at Poole 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon