New Member - Stuck in Emden

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Speculating here, but It could be that because mine has shipped, that type of info is available as it has left the factory. My SA looked it up while I was there and I can’t think Australia has access to software the UK doesn’t.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:07 pm
Papeto wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 pm It could be that its waiting for parts, before its shipped. Your SA should be able to check it on the Porsche system. Mine checked and noted, although my car is on its way to Australia, its go a stop sale until the bose amp and headlight self levelling can be fitted.
SE’s in the UK don’t seem quite so forthcoming. Usually they just shrug, roll their eyes at the very idea of you asking them a question, and say they have no idea. Apparently the system doesn’t give them that much information, and Porsche AG don’t give them any answers when they are asked.
Yet another one of your sweeping statements. Yes, your personal experience with your SE/OPC hasn't been good from your description, but that doesn't mean that all SEs and all OPCs behave in the same way. Most purchasing experiences described on here have been very positive and certainly my two purchases in the past five years have been excellent and what I would expect from a premium brand. Of course I hope and expect that when you finally get your car all the negative vibes will disappear.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 am
Papeto wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 pm It could be that its waiting for parts, before its shipped. Your SA should be able to check it on the Porsche system. Mine checked and noted, although my car is on its way to Australia, its go a stop sale until the bose amp and headlight self levelling can be fitted.
SE’s in the UK don’t seem quite so forthcoming. Usually they just shrug, roll their eyes at the very idea of you asking them a question, and say they have no idea. Apparently the system doesn’t give them that much information, and Porsche AG don’t give them any answers when they are asked.
Yet another one of your sweeping statements. Yes, your personal experience with your SE/OPC hasn't been good from your description, but that doesn't mean that all SEs and all OPCs behave in the same way. Most purchasing experiences described on here have been very positive and certainly my two purchases in the past five years have been excellent and what I would expect from a premium brand. Of course I hope and expect that when you finally get your car all the negative vibes will disappear.
Perhaps it would help if you read the posts from others that have had similar experiences rather than posting another sweaping statement of your own or is it just another love letter to Porsche? Your experiences are not the same as mine, or others on this forum but it seems you feel only your opinions and experiences should be expressed. You may feel Porsche can do no wrong, I’m not blinded by the badge. When they do a good job I’ll be more than happy to say so.

One last comment. If you go back and read the posts I have not had any major issues with the OPC or the SE. The SE has been as helpful as he can be.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 am

Perhaps it would help if you read the posts from others that have had similar experiences rather than posting another sweaping statement of your own or is it just another love letter to Porsche? Your experiences are not the same as mine, or others on this forum but it seems you feel only your opinions and experiences should be expressed. You may feel Porsche can do no wrong, I’m not blinded by the badge. When they do a good job I’ll be more than happy to say so.

One last comment. If you go back and read the posts I have not had any major issues with the OPC or the SE. The SE has been as helpful as he can be.
+1

No issue with the OPC who are bending over backwards to accommodate us atm. My issue is with Porsche AG and the lack of communications with dealers. It’s better to underpromise and over deliver.

This car buying process has been by far my worst.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

It's not just Porsche. Any build to order premium car maker is having similar problems. Even UK ones like JLR.

I know someone who ordered a RR Velar in May. He has no information on when he will get it. Best guess by the dealer "first half of 2022" as advised by Land Rover.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Cup of tea anyone? 🤗
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:06 am Cup of tea anyone? 🤗
I should probably lay off the espresso, don’t you think?
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am It's not just Porsche. Any build to order premium car maker is having similar problems. Even UK ones like JLR.

I know someone who ordered a RR Velar in May. He has no information on when he will get it. Best guess by the dealer "first half of 2022" as advised by Land Rover.
Yes but JLR are warning of up to a 12 month wait for cars. They even have a notice on their webpage. I was told our car would be built October and delivered beginning of November. The system has now stopped updating and even the dealership principal can't get info out of Porsche. I don't mind if im told bad news, I just don't like being left in the dark.
Last edited by Deleted User 4439 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4436

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:15 am
SAC1 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am It's not just Porsche. Any build to order premium car maker is having similar problems. Even UK ones like JLR.

Yes but JLR are warning of up to a 12 month wait for cars. I was told it would be built October and delivered beginning of November. The system has now stopped updating and even the dealership principal can't get info out of Porsche. I don't mind if im told bad news, I just don't like being left in the dark.
Absolutely.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:14 am
PorscheMack wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:06 am Cup of tea anyone? 🤗
I should probably lay off the espresso, don’t you think?
I hope you don't become less active on this forum once you've taken delivery of your car as you will be missed. 😊
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4