New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I looked out the Options that I specified in Sept 2016.....

The Sat Nav was a £1052 extra...

Screenshot_20211121-205611_OneDrive.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

I paid my local Porsche dealership a visit today who were only too happy to assist with all my questions.

Basically my Macan doesn’t have the Nav module installed so i’m knackered there and because of the age (2015) it may not even be possible to install or upgrade to Nav.

So, does anyone out there know where i can get an aftermarket Nav unit installed? Or does such a thing even exist? I know i can go out and buy a clag on Garmin for the windscreen, but that’s not what i’m after, i was wanting something built into the PCM or even to replace the PCM if that is possible?
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Are you generally happy with the car besides the lack of Nav as if it were me, I would be telling the seller to take the car back as it was advertised with nav, was it not?

Not of much help to you I know but maybe you could use the lack of nav it to get some money back if you are happy to keep the car!?

I think I have read on some other forums that the PCM unit has been replaced with a Pioneer unit with all of the nav functions and other bells and whistles, but I bet that will cost well over a grand or so to do nicely / properly.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

The dealer has misrepresented the vehicle spec, more than enough grounds to return (although not none needed), or indeed receive some refund on the sale price. I agree with OP, an integrated Sat Nav would not come cheaply. Personally if practical to do so, would return it and look for another more suitably specced car.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

The dealer definitely misrepresented the car both on their website and Autotrader adverts, unfortunately both ads were taken down after i bought the car, but luckily i have hard copies of the ads just in case required.

I’ve got the dealer bang to rights really, but that said, i love the car for what it is, not what’s missing so for me it boils down to whether i can get some money back from the dealer and then have an aftermarket Nav unit installed. There are units out there for usre. Pioneer do a replacement and NM Automotive do an Apple Car Play mod that is quite involved to fit, but doable and would solve my problems.

I could quite easily request the dealership come and collect the Macan and issue a full refund, but i really do love the car, it’s a dream to drive and i’d be very reluctant to hand it back so i will persevere and negotiate some form of compensation which will hopefully copver the cost of a satnav retrofit.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

You really need to push the dealer for some action - there's an argument that the sat nav wasn't exactly state of the art back in 2015, and now its woefully out of date; however, the car isn't what was advertised and a car without nav would either struggle to sell or would need to be £500 cheaper. That argument should be a starter for negotiations. Maybe a previous owner thought buying a nav disc would give them nav ?

There is a company on ebay advertising reversing camera retrofit (£425) so may be worth asking them about nav modules. You can get interfaces to give you Android Auto/Apple Carplay which would then allow you to utilise google maps or waze apps for navigation
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

May be of interest, this is a private sale but has extended Porsche warranty which is probably better than any warranty you have on your current car

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 1179689822

similarly priced at an independent..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 4141346819
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I am sorry to read of your problems.

It is a pity that you did not follow the advice given to you regarding taking the VIN number to an OPC and getting a printout of the actual spec as supplied prior to you purchasing the car, it would have saved you so much bother.

Good luck getting it sorted.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:04 pm I am sorry to read of your problems.

It is a pity that you did not follow the advice given to you regarding taking the VIN number to an OPC and getting a printout of the actual spec as supplied prior to you purchasing the car, it would have saved you so much bother.

Good luck getting it sorted.
Very true mate, although i never had the vin number at the time, plus i had a night out in Edingburgh anyway so not all bad really. I’m leaning toiwards telling vardy’s to come collect the car as i have another one in mind, more money but worth it in my opinion.