Sale or Return Question

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

EDZ wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm
Caps4444 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:01 pm
pmg wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:27 am

I suspect just depreciation due to age and insurance and road tax cost will be more than slight loss against your expectation by selling now on Wizzle or Motorway
These sites are offering too low, indies have offered 55.5, which I dismissed out of hand…probably could push to 56.
But I’m ideally looking for more. I Won’t be doing more than 100-150 a month, so will still be in decent condition. Anyway let’s see what the SOR agreement looks like….
Not sure what research you have done but: There are currently over 220 Macan's for sale in OPC's alone, of which over 70 are 2.0. They have one that is under a year old 2,900 miles listed at 56.5k. Base Macan's have the shortest waiting time, apparently around 3/5 months, as you say even specing it to 60k they have a brand new Gen 3 model greater power and a few more standard extras, Add to this that prices are falling I personally would be biting the hand off the independent and getting the money in the bank if I were selling. That's IMO for what its worth.
+ 1. £55.5 for a Dec 2020 Gen 2 Macan is a good offer. My Gen 3 2.0 due in the next month ( hopefully) lists at £53,500 with options plus the new car VED on top. I suspect that originally speccing a 2.0 to £60,000 is where you have the problem - the car no doubt looks lovely but the second hand market rarely reflects such a high level of options. At £60,000 new a reasonably specced S would have been a better option. I know this is not what you will be wanting to be hear but if you can get out at £55.5 I would take the money and run. I would have also expected you to have got a reasonable discount on a Gen 2 2.0 last December so as to offset some of the depreciation.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Cheeky buggers have an 'approved' Gen 3 GTS for sale on the Porsche approved pages at £83500 but not available until March. I priced it as £ 81,447 on the road!!!! A bargain!
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Caps4444 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:17 pm I called a few OPCs and I was quoted end of the end of Q3 next year for a base Macan.
I had a look on the Porsche site, and quite a few Macan’s with similar spec going for 60+.

For me I have a minimum figure, if it’s not met then I’ll keep and enjoy the car.
Good luck and enjoy the car more, get some more use out of it, as by this time next year when the markets have readjusted you will be pushing to probably get more than 45k for it, so get some return on your investment if your keeping it.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

The OPCS are offering £52k because they want to resell it at £58/59k. Within that price they have to prep it, and offer part exchange and finance options. See what the SOR document says but i doubt you'll see much more than whats been offered to buy it back.

If i had a £60k budget I dont think i'd be looking at a highly spec'd base model - everyone to their own of course.

You'll do well to find a private buyer at that money unless they have cash in the bank or are willing to fund via a personal loan, rather than a PCP type arrangement.

If you are happy to keep it then go enjoy it, amke the most of it as it will depreciate more heavily once this supply crisis is over, or consume credit costs catch up with people
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Dropped in to my OPC earlier and they have so many used 911's they are actually having a Black Friday sale and cutting down prices!! SE said because they paid strong money they want to shift their stock before the market readjusts. They also have a number of new Macans but because there is a problem with Bose etc.. they can't release them until resolved!! :?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:44 pm Dropped in to my OPC earlier and they have so many used 911's they are actually having a Black Friday sale and cutting down prices!! SE said because they paid strong money they want to shift their stock before the market readjusts. They also have a number of new Macans but because there is a problem with Bose etc.. they can't release them until resolved!! :?
BOSE and headlights seem to be the problem of the hour. Fortunately I haven’t ordered BOSE, but I suspect that I’ll need headlights at some point.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:49 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:44 pm Dropped in to my OPC earlier and they have so many used 911's they are actually having a Black Friday sale and cutting down prices!! SE said because they paid strong money they want to shift their stock before the market readjusts. They also have a number of new Macans but because there is a problem with Bose etc.. they can't release them until resolved!! :?
BOSE and headlights seem to be the problem of the hour. Fortunately I haven’t ordered BOSE, but I suspect that I’ll need headlights at some point.
I have specced Bose but when it comes to lock in time will see what the situation is.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Tell them your take it how it is Omni and promise not to drive in the dark :lol:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

EDZ wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:53 pm
Tell them your take it how it is Omni and promise not to drive in the dark :lol:
I’ll get my son to hang out the window with a torch. That’s legal, right?

Sadly its still in Emden though. Just got an update from Porsche UK
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:55 pm
EDZ wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:53 pm

I’ll get my son to hang out the window with a torch. That’s legal, right?
Back to the good old days then :lol: as we did when wipers packed up :lol: