Dolomite Turbo Gen 2 - last of its kind, incoming!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Very nice, and good to see proper physical buttons!

Oh, and btw, the climate control system works best when left permanently on ‘Auto’!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:40 pm Very nice, and good to see proper physical buttons!

Oh, and btw, the climate control system works best when left permanently on ‘Auto’!
Well, that'll set the hares running Nick :lol: :lol:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Also nice to have a gear shift gaiter rather than ‘sliding’ plastic :shock:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Couple of further observations:

Bit disappointed by the GT steering wheel - love the design and the small circum but thought it would have been a bit more chunky … my 10 yr Audi wheel had more girth. Doesn’t feel as right as it looks.

I’m still a little surprised by how little leg room there is for rear seat passengers - I’m 5 7 but even still it’s a squeeze behind my drivers seat. I think I’d easily give up an inch or two in the boot for more in the rear … (this is a car forum in case anyone was thinking otherwise 🤣.

The seat back pockets extend and connnect below the front seats and there is a bit of a lip/flap of material that sometimes catches on the top of shoes or laces - it’s a bit annoying.

Haven’t driven air before but seems fine to me - no floatiness as such. My old Audi picked up every bump so the ride here is much nicer but I’m not rolling around like a barge.

I really like the 18 way seats. The seat and side bolsters I haven’t adjusted, the lumbar and seat extension I have along with height and reach.

I used the heated steering wheel function for the first time during the week. It was nice but after a couple minutes my hands started getting a bit sweaty - I doubt I’ll be using it much, but if an extravagance for getting the smaller wheel and extra bling on the steering spokes, which i do like.

I also really like the 911 Turbo alloys - much better in real life than in any pics.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

So you want more girth but you’d be happy to give up an inch or two…….and we’re not after the 9pm watershed yet!

Know what you mean about the rear leg room, but it is a Macan, not a Cayenne. Although with you at 5-7 I’d have thought that most people behind you would be ok. I’m 6-2, but on the rare occasions we had anyone of adult size in the back I would slide my seat forward a little to give knee room behind. The other issue back there is the space for rear passengers sliding their feet in and out, slightly restricted. But all these things are compromises and we need to remember that no other SUV goes, handles and stops like a Macan.

I could sometimes feel a smidgin of floatiness in the suspension on the motorway but I always ran mine in the Sport PASM setting and in the lowered suspension setting and that was great for pretty much all driving conditions.

Yes, agree on the 18 ways, they are superb, but they don’t suit everyone. Great that we have the choice.

The heated wheel is such a luxury in very cold weather. It heats up quickly and initially can feel hot but as the heat soaks through the rim and as your hands warm up to match the thermostat then controls the heat at a quite low and comfortable level. But it’s a personal thing and it’s easy to switch off.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts again after a longer time with the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:45 pm
I’m still a little surprised by how little leg room there is for rear seat passengers - I’m 5 7 but even still it’s a squeeze behind my drivers seat. I think I’d easily give up an inch or two in the boot for more in the rear … (this is a car forum in case anyone was thinking otherwise 🤣.

The seat back pockets extend and connnect below the front seats and there is a bit of a lip/flap of material that sometimes catches on the top of shoes or laces - it’s a bit annoying.
I have found for a given individual driver, the higher the seat is set the more legroom in the rear. b ut as Nick has said a Macan is the smaller of the two Porsche Suv,s with the Cayenne taking the market when legroom matters
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I have found for a given individual driver, the higher the seat is set the more legroom in the rear. b ut as Nick has said a Macan is the smaller of the two Porsche Suv,s with the Cayenne taking the market when legroom matters
[/quote]

I have 3 kids, the oldest was 13 when I got my Macan. They hated sitting in the back, were very squashed and the middle occupant struggled to get their belt on. Now in a Cayenne and the leg room is incredible. The car is much bigger obviously, but even 3 adults would feel comfortable. Kids absolutely love it.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )