Dolomite Turbo Gen 2 - last of its kind, incoming!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul1970 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:16 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm Pick up tomorrow from Reading - weather not great but I'll grab some pics and check out any Gen 3's lying around :D
I'm picking up my Cayenne GTS tomorrow from Reading. Weather's a bit of a downer but at least it isn't meant to snow!

Only a bit of sleet... ;)

B55CC962-4732-464F-97E4-EEEBB3297622.png

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:53 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm Pick up tomorrow from Reading - weather not great but I'll grab some pics and check out any Gen 3's lying around :D
I'm picking up my Cayenne GTS tomorrow from Reading. Weather's a bit of a downer but at least it isn't meant to snow!

Guess I'll get to test the AWD capabilities :roll:
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

Enjoy the day 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Ask for a gift of a set of winter tyres rather than a coffee mug ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul1970 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Guess I'll get to test the AWD capabilities :roll:

What SUVs are designed for! ;) :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:57 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm Thats a great list Col Lamb - one curious thing tho, when I spoke the SE he told me they wanted payment by bank transfer beforehand. I had suggested I pay all outstanding before and withhold £10K to pay on the day (I was going to pay this once I was happy at the handover), they said that wasn't possible ...

Is Car Connect the same as the tracking service? I was asked if I wanted 'the tracker' switched on but I assumed I had to pay for a subscription service and said no as I wasn't sure I really needed it.
No. Car Connect is the app that let’s you check the status of the car remotely, whether it’s locked, fuel level, mileage on the clock etc. Initially free then subscription. Most people don’t renew.

Bearing in mind the grief others have had Col is right to include Connect Services on the checklist. Your SE should be asking you for the eight digit code that Porsche supply in advance so that they can set it up before the handover.

One other thing to check is the panel gaps all the way round but especially the bonnet. I think things are better now but some early cars had issues.
Nick, quite prepared to be corrected on this but I have tracker activated and it shows on the phone as "Car Connect". With Porsche have two products "Car Connect" and "Car Connect Plus", I've always struggled to know what comes with each App but I thought remote access to the car was only possible if the Vodaphone service was active.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:02 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:57 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm Thats a great list Col Lamb - one curious thing tho, when I spoke the SE he told me they wanted payment by bank transfer beforehand. I had suggested I pay all outstanding before and withhold £10K to pay on the day (I was going to pay this once I was happy at the handover), they said that wasn't possible ...

Is Car Connect the same as the tracking service? I was asked if I wanted 'the tracker' switched on but I assumed I had to pay for a subscription service and said no as I wasn't sure I really needed it.
No. Car Connect is the app that let’s you check the status of the car remotely, whether it’s locked, fuel level, mileage on the clock etc. Initially free then subscription. Most people don’t renew.

Bearing in mind the grief others have had Col is right to include Connect Services on the checklist. Your SE should be asking you for the eight digit code that Porsche supply in advance so that they can set it up before the handover.

One other thing to check is the panel gaps all the way round but especially the bonnet. I think things are better now but some early cars had issues.
Nick, quite prepared to be corrected on this but I have tracker activated and it shows on the phone as "Car Connect". With Porsche have two products "Car Connect" and "Car Connect Plus", I've always struggled to know what comes with each App but I thought remote access to the car was only possible if the Vodaphone service was active.
I do not subscribe to the Vodaphone tracker but the position of my car shows in the Car Connect app for which I pay a sub to Vodaphone, separate from the sub to Porsche for Car Connect services. In practice there are two possible payments to Vodaphone, tracker and Car connect. Car Connect app allows you to see where the car is. but you have to look at the app. The tracker service means someone rings you if the car is moved without the tracker sensor present in the car.

I imagine both fail to work if a thief removes the Vodaphone sim from the vehicle
Last edited by pmg on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Yikes can someone explain all this tracker/Car Connect/Car Connect plus malarkey pls?
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Well thats confused me as well - I'm collecting at 2pm so will ask the SE to confirm.

I've setup my Porsche ID and its now linked to the car in my profile. The apps are confusing as I downloaded Porsche Connect (which has tabs Explore, My Vehicle and My Account) and then it had a link in that app to open the Car Connect app (which seems to be provided by Vodafone) and has the following options: App activation, Demo version and PCC portal when I open for the first time.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
pmg

Post by pmg »

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:01 am Well thats confused me as well - I'm collecting at 2pm so will ask the SE to confirm.

I've setup my Porsche ID and its now linked to the car in my profile. The apps are confusing as I downloaded Porsche Connect (which has tabs Explore, My Vehicle and My Account) and then it had a link in that app to open the Car Connect app (which seems to be provided by Vodafone) and has the following options: App activation, Demo version and PCC portal when I open for the first time.
I find few OPC salesman understand it, you may be lucky :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is not helped by Porsche using two apps where the likes of BMW have one and then Porsche calling the Apps similar names, Connect app and Car Connect App. it might have been slightly clearer if they called the Connect App Connect services app

As Nick says Car Connect is the app that let’s you check the status of the car remotely, whether it’s locked, fuel level, mileage on the clock etc. I would have added the position of the vehicle. To subscribe after the free period, that is done on a Porsche / Vodaphone website

Connect services are live traffic, and the weather, parking, petrol etc apps info on the car centre screen. To subscribe after the free period, that is done on the My Porsche website

You could say Porsche use three apps as there is the Good to know app as a manual