Dolomite Turbo Gen 2 - last of its kind, incoming!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
RGS

Post by RGS »

Car Connect is £99 to renew (after the first year) and not strictly necessary as it only repeats information on your smartphone that you can obtain direct from the vehicle.
Porsche Connect is £150 to renew (after the second year) and is slightly more useful in giving live traffic information etc, but if you use Waze as well that can be even more useful. On my PCM I can display the Porsche map when using navigation, or Google maps and also the Waze map or even mix and match, the choice is yours

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

A few photos at collection - not a great day weatherwise ...

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2647a.jpg

IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2645a.jpg

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

... and a few more ...

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2660a.jpg

IMG_2659.JPG

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Got a mate who always specs the red leather in his Porsches, I'm personally not a fan of it but it does its purpose and lighten the cab a touch.
Saw a Dolomite silver Macan the other day and thought how nice it looked 👍🏻
How have you found it so far? Have you been able to drive it much or is the weather as bad up there as it it where I am? (bad snow)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks good

Enjoy!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I've always gone with red leather, in fact any colour than black. Black is so ubiquitous that nobody notices it when they get into a car.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Despite the weather yesterday it was finally great to have this day arrive. Being told back in September that the car was on its way to the UK on the 24th and then for it not to going to arrive until the 1st Nov and be available to collect until third week in Nov it was clear there were missing parts that they had to retrofit. Did most of the chasing myself so that was certainly not what I was expecting as a first time Porsche owner as my intro to the brand.

Observations:

Under the artificial lighting inside Dolomite has a blue hue which is really nice. In natural cloud cover lighting its definitely more silver. Need to see what it like in varying angles of the sun - which might be today.

There is an awful lot to take in as you run through the controls and get everything setup so I need to go look at the Good To Know app - is there an online browser version of this?

SE confirmed the already know parts shortages - cars turning up with no BOSE subwoofer, headlights misaligned due to incorrect part and other parts which have been recalled due to quality - wonder if Porsche has been trying to source from different suppliers so the QC has slipped a little.

Having not seen garnet red in the flesh before, I'm really happy I chose it instead of black. The half leather is just enough not to make the extended leather pack too overpowering with the red. I also like the pop of garnet over bordeux (again not seen in the flesh). I feel garnet works well with lighter colours and bordeux for darker.

The 18 way seats are perfect for me - I'm 41" chest 34" waist and 5 7 so the seats really work for me, which is good as I never sat in those before.

My colour scheme was silver, black, red so everything has worked nicely in that combo from the red rear lights/reflectors and gloss black external details mirroring the leather and black trim inside. I am going to change the wheel centre caps to the black/silver version rather than have the Porsche crest in colour.

The centre cubby hole has the SD and Sim card slots plus two USB C ports. Glad the SD is there as all my tunes are on an SD.

I asked the SE about running in the brakes and engine, usual advice on the brakes slowly and progressive ... on the engine ... "its been sufficiently run in at the factory" ... I didn't say anything but have followed the advice in the Good To Know - I'll make mention in the upcoming feedback survey.

Did find two scratches/marks - one on the drivers side mirror casing and the other the drivers side bonnet half way along. They apologised and its to be rectified. I think Dolomite hides these blemishes well in a casual glance but really they should have picked this up. Anyway I then went around the entire car and had a look along the bottom of the bodywork for anything else amiss.

Having come from a 10yr Audi A3 - this feels much more grown up and just need to get used to the slightly bigger size plus power when I can use.

Gonna go sit in the cabin and work out what does what set everything up. More thoughts later ...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great! Congrats! :)

Reminds me of my first Porsche - also a silver Macan with 21” wheels. Enjoy! :D

And your silver, black & red colour scheme works well.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:38 am Despite the weather yesterday it was finally great to have this day arrive. Being told back in September that the car was on its way to the UK on the 24th and then for it not to going to arrive until the 1st Nov and be available to collect until third week in Nov it was clear there were missing parts that they had to retrofit. Did most of the chasing myself so that was certainly not what I was expecting as a first time Porsche owner as my intro to the brand.

Observations:

Under the artificial lighting inside Dolomite has a blue hue which is really nice. In natural cloud cover lighting its definitely more silver. Need to see what it like in varying angles of the sun - which might be today.

There is an awful lot to take in as you run through the controls and get everything setup so I need to go look at the Good To Know app - is there an online browser version of this?

SE confirmed the already know parts shortages - cars turning up with no BOSE subwoofer, headlights misaligned due to incorrect part and other parts which have been recalled due to quality - wonder if Porsche has been trying to source from different suppliers so the QC has slipped a little.

Having not seen garnet red in the flesh before, I'm really happy I chose it instead of black. The half leather is just enough not to make the extended leather pack too overpowering with the red. I also like the pop of garnet over bordeux (again not seen in the flesh). I feel garnet works well with lighter colours and bordeux for darker.

The 18 way seats are perfect for me - I'm 41" chest 34" waist and 5 7 so the seats really work for me, which is good as I never sat in those before.

My colour scheme was silver, black, red so everything has worked nicely in that combo from the red rear lights/reflectors and gloss black external details mirroring the leather and black trim inside. I am going to change the wheel centre caps to the black/silver version rather than have the Porsche crest in colour.

The centre cubby hole has the SD and Sim card slots plus two USB C ports. Glad the SD is there as all my tunes are on an SD.

I asked the SE about running in the brakes and engine, usual advice on the brakes slowly and progressive ... on the engine ... "its been sufficiently run in at the factory" ... I didn't say anything but have followed the advice in the Good To Know - I'll make mention in the upcoming feedback survey.

Did find two scratches/marks - one on the drivers side mirror casing and the other the drivers side bonnet half way along. They apologised and its to be rectified. I think Dolomite hides these blemishes well in a casual glance but really they should have picked this up. Anyway I then went around the entire car and had a look along the bottom of the bodywork for anything else amiss.

Having come from a 10yr Audi A3 - this feels much more grown up and just need to get used to the slightly bigger size plus power when I can use.

Gonna go sit in the cabin and work out what does what set everything up. More thoughts later ...
Sounds great, I also chose dolomite and my car is due for collection next week.

It’s annoying about the scratches. I asked my OPC to make sure the car is perfect when I collect it (as I’m travelling a few hours to collect) - I was told it will never be perfect as there are always small blemishes on paint, but he’d try his best. I was taken aback that he said that…, best part of 80k plus I have a 911 on order - I expect it to be perfect - surely not asking for much are we!!!???

Great looking car, congrats
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Dolomite Silver is much nicer than the previous Rhodium in my opinion and the black door handles you've gone for set it off nicely.

Enjoy your new car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel