Dolomite Turbo Gen 2 - last of its kind, incoming!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

So my Turbo is ready for collection about 3 months later than anticipated. During the handover what should I be looking out for in terms of fit and function? This i my first Porsche so want to make sure I've got my own 'collection check-list' at the handover ...

Thx.

top.jpg

side.jpg

insidedash.jpg

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

With the current parts shortages, check for a steering wheel and seats that aren't manual.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Before you pay.

Visuals first, is the colour right, is the interior right, are the wheels right, fit and finish of everything.

Do take a printout of your ordered options with you and tick off each as you check its inclusion.

Check that the Car Connect is functioning you will probably need to register and give the SE a code, telephone them and discuss prior.

Check that the Connect services are functioning, 3D views, live traffic etc.

PS+ is a software option, if you have specified this get the SE to prove it is active.

Electrics on the seats, pano etc all work, memory function works.

Petrol tank should be full, not 1/4, not 3/4 but full.

Compressor for your included spare is under the boot panel.

First aid kit in boot

Wheel nut and tool kit in place.

Bonnet up and visual all is OK.

RevCam or SurCam functions OK

Try out A/C.

Overhead console is a nightmare to see logo’s but check operation of each button.

BTW
Great interior colour choice for the seats.

If it matters your MFD may well show an MPG about 10% higher than you actually achieve, my Turbo certainly does.

Not sure which engine is in the Gen 2, mine is a Gen 1 and has a 3.6 litre V6, it is a cracking power plant, effortless to drive.

Enjoy.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm
Not sure which engine is in the Gen 2, mine is a Gen 1 and has a 3.6 litre V6, it is a cracking power plant, effortless to drive.

Enjoy.
It's the 2.9L in the Gen 2.

Judging by the pictures posted by Mueslibrown, your list should have included "Make sure steering wheel is on correct side of car" :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Thats a great list Col Lamb - one curious thing tho, when I spoke the SE he told me they wanted payment by bank transfer beforehand. I had suggested I pay all outstanding before and withhold £10K to pay on the day (I was going to pay this once I was happy at the handover), they said that wasn't possible ...

Is Car Connect the same as the tracking service? I was asked if I wanted 'the tracker' switched on but I assumed I had to pay for a subscription service and said no as I wasn't sure I really needed it.
Last edited by mueslibrown on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm Before you pay.

Visuals first, is the colour right, is the interior right, are the wheels right, fit and finish of everything.

Do take a printout of your ordered options with you and tick off each as you check its inclusion.

Check that the Car Connect is functioning you will probably need to register and give the SE a code, telephone them and discuss prior.

PS+ is a software option, if you have specified this get the SE to prove it is active.

First aid kit in boot

Try out A/C.

Overhead console is a nightmare to see logo’s but check operation of each button.

BTW

If it matters your MFD may well show an MPG about 10% higher than you actually achieve, my Turbo certainly does.

Enjoy.
Col, what’s your view on the partial leather in terms of materials mix? I’m looking at full extended but perhaps too much red - partial in red looks just right but wondering about how the plastics and leather mix in terms of look and feel?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Thats the only reason I didn't do full leather - too much for red, works for black but thats just plain boring!
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

SE did also say the delay was due to parts and these had to be retrofitted - didn't say which tho ...
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

mueslibrown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:45 pm Thats the only reason I didn't do full leather - too much for red, works for black but thats just plain boring!
Agree re boring but not sure I want plastic door tops 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:40 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm Before you pay.

First aid kit in boot

Try out A/C.

BTW

Enjoy.
Col, what’s your view on the partial leather in terms of materials mix? I’m looking at full extended but perhaps too much red - partial in red looks just right but wondering about how the plastics and leather mix in terms of look and feel?
You might find this useful - its Gen 2 tho ... https://www.macanforum.com/threads/new- ... 39&slide=3