Ordered my first Porsche!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

For the extra cost of extended leather over regular leather I personally would prefer other options. But everyone is different. And mine cost £71K too for everything. ;)
Macan S MY 2023

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I got extended by default because I always wanted pebble. The extended is certainly a step up on partial or just the seats but I think the leather package is perfectly ok for the car as this also gives a leather upper dashboard.
All this stuff is subjective so it really just boils down to what flicks your own switches.
I do however think that the Macan is overpriced for what it is (three price rises since I got mine 12 months ago) and this makes choosing options a little more difficult. Resale criteria suggests sunroof, big wheels and Bose and then go from there. I only have two out of these three, but that was down to what flicked my switches - spec to what YOU want and you won’t go far wrong I think…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Just to add, Sport Chrono is much more than just Launch control as some comment about on here.
You have to think about some extras that can be added after build as well, Power steering plus (which really isn't required imo) can be done after build. Spare wheel to an extent can be done after but costs a lot more.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:51 pm I got extended by default because I always wanted pebble. The extended is certainly a step up on partial or just the seats but I think the leather package is perfectly ok for the car as this also gives a leather upper dashboard.
All this stuff is subjective so it really just boils down to what flicks your own switches.
I do however think that the Macan is overpriced for what it is (three price rises since I got mine 12 months ago) and this makes choosing options a little more difficult. Resale criteria suggests sunroof, big wheels and Bose and then go from there. I only have two out of these three, but that was down to what flicked my switches - spec to what YOU want and you won’t go far wrong I think…
Yeah, my first Macan was march 2017 and back then standard spec was sparse for a premium vehicle, I was told must haves was sat nav, pan roof, bigger wheels, leather, PASM, S/C,Rev cam, etc, all options at the time, made nowt on any of them when I sold the car!

So spec what you want, I’m not having BOSE at over 900 quid, never have music on when both of us in the car😏
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

This is entirely subjective as a standard Macan S is a great car with a wonderful engine, every other option is subjective and depends on ones circumstances and needs. The beauty with Porsche is the ability to customise your own car and I would suggest that you spend as much time as possible looking at physical cars if you have any doubts on colour/wheel combos the last thing you want is buyers regret. Buy for yourself not the next person, I like a pano roof, others might not. I am due to collect my second Macan soon and the biggest change apart from colour to the new one was having extended leather, I just felt that the leather package left too much plastic on display for a premium car. Sports Chrno polarises opinions, having driven a car with and without, I can live with the standard sport button. SC is nice to have but for me it was not a must. If you have diamond cut wheels, the surround camera is very good and saved my 21" RS Spyder wheels many a time through width restrictors. Had an extended listen to Bose, it is better than the standard IMO but depends on what you listen to, the standard stereo is very good I thought, feed it with lossless files and it is plenty dynamic. The small things like Porsche crest, power steering plus auto dimming mirrors just tailor the car, the latter I find particularly useful. The best advice I can give is to really get to know the configurator and search on this and the American Macan forum if you need further advice. Nb the spare wheel is a no brainer IMO. Good luck
JJay

Post by JJay »

I think with all the questions why no one has suggested upgrading to a GTS with the cost of your options?
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Lots to think about whilst I wait for my allocation.

The temptation is to just add everything :lol: