Newbie to pretty much everything

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pippsy

Post by Pippsy »

pstrat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:32 pm RE the GAP did you get back to invoice or vehicle replacement?

Assume the latter factors in things like price rises between now and the end of the cover to replace the vehicle, whereas back to invoice is just back to the amount you paid?
Vehicle replacement. Your explanation is how I understood it (the ALA website has some useful FAQs). I think the price differential was not that large so I figured vehicle replacement was the “safer” option.

Pippsy

Post by Pippsy »

Wow. That’s all I can say. Collected at 12:30 and been out most of the day. Lots to learn with all the gadgets and gizmos but also just so easy to drive. Motorway. Narrow country lanes. London traffic.

I’ve been grinning like a lunatic. The car is a beaut. Pics will (eventually) follow….
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Pippsy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:27 pm Wow. That’s all I can say. Collected at 12:30 and been out most of the day. Lots to learn with all the gadgets and gizmos but also just so easy to drive. Motorway. Narrow country lanes. London traffic.

I’ve been grinning like a lunatic. The car is a beaut. Pics will (eventually) follow….
Who's got time to take photos when you've got a new Macan, enjoy. :D
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Pippsy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:27 pm Wow. That’s all I can say. Collected at 12:30 and been out most of the day. Lots to learn with all the gadgets and gizmos but also just so easy to drive. Motorway. Narrow country lanes. London traffic.

So true, surprising what a pleasure driving an SUV can be isn't it? I'm faced with 6 hours up to Dundee tomorrow and I'll be off anything prefixed with an "M" asap the A68 is favourite at the moment, with a stop for Esso Supreme in Edinburgh. Can't wait!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Pippsy

Post by Pippsy »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:21 pm So true, surprising what a pleasure driving an SUV can be isn't it? I'm faced with 6 hours up to Dundee tomorrow and I'll be off anything prefixed with an "M" asap the A68 is favourite at the moment, with a stop for Esso Supreme in Edinburgh. Can't wait!
I'm looking forward to a long drive!

Anyway I've posted a couple of (not very good) pics in the gallery thread.

I took the car round to my parents today. My dad is a big petrol head but my mum has never let him indulge. He LOVED it. My mum did too until I made the car quite growly and fast going up a hill, at which point she called me by my full first name so I knew I was in trouble. You'd never guess I was in my mid 40s! According to my mum, the letters on my number plate spell almost exactly the word for a "fat potato dumpling" in her native language. So the car is now a chunky potato dumpling apparently :lol:

The car did NOT like being parked in the semi covered car park where I live (see below)....there was a LOT of beeping at me... there are big pillars and posts everywhere so it wasn't happy - it was tight in the MINI in some places. However that was nothing compared to getting it out of the car park. The garage door is just after a tight 90 degree bend with a brick wall on one side and a massive pillar on the other (the pillar is covered in scratched paint from all the cars that scrape it :roll: ). ALL the sensors were going mental with full on beeps and red lines everywhere - I did not enjoy that at all.

I had to get out and check and I literally had a fingers width between between the rear driver side passenger door and the pillar. The car park can hold about maybe 30 cars and it has only about 5 in there including mine. Of those 5 cars one is directly in front of my space which makes getting in and out a bit tight. And one is right by the exit so you can't do a wide swing. I could park it in another empty space but they are allocated and I'd end up with a passive aggressive note on the windscreen I suspect. Still - maybe the car park design is an anti-theft device - every cloud and all that!

Yes it's already filthy.

IMG_4671.jpg