Newbie to pretty much everything

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pippsy

Post by Pippsy »

Hello all!

I only discovered this forum recently and with my car on its way over I'm already quite far down the Porsche experience, whilst also being just at the start really!

My journey started in July last year when I was getting a windscreen chip repaired. There is a OPC on the way home, and having always loved the idea of having a Porsche I decided to pop in and take a look.  

I wasn't really ready for something like the 911 (I drive a Mini Cooper!), especially with kids to think about. The jump up in size to a Cayenne seemed too much so the Macan seemed perfect for me for my first Porsche. I put a deposit down in August and then spent ages looking at the configurator (oh how I wish I found these forums back then!). I've never bought a brand new car, let alone a premium brand so this was all very novel to me.

I did the Silverstone experience day in February, which was absolutely brilliant. But I do wish I knew I could split the day 50:50 with my OH as he had to sit there from the sidelines watching me hoof it round the track. I locked in at end Feb and apparently my build completed on 24 March and the car is now on the transporter so all being well I should have it within the next few weeks :D Between the build completing and today I discovered there had been some fairly serious errors with the financing paperwork, which caused some headaches, to the point I was almost going to walk away and sacrifice the deposit. Suffice to say I am no longer dealing with my original SE but the manager instead.   

Anyway, here is the spec (which was never done with resale in mind so I probably missed some good options):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLQVR62

I originally wanted the darker Midnight Blue but sadly this was no longer available for my build slot. However I drove a Gentian Blue one at Silverstone and I loved the colour so I'm not too sad about that.

Sorry for the long post! As the kids would say - I'm nervicited!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome and good choice of model and spec.

Gentian is a stunning colour.

Enjoy the collection
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Welcome. As another owner of a Mini Cooper who also recently took delivery of a Gentian Blue Macan, I'm sure you'll be delighted with it.

The Macan feels genuinely agile to drive on a good road, which is important if you are used to a Mini Cooper.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I went Golf to Macan to Cayenne. It’s a natural evolution if you have a rapidly growing family!
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice colour choice.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Welcome to the forum, and you’ve chosen a great spec, so hope you’ll enjoy your new S when it arrives! 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Very nice indeed 👍 Is that around7/8months lead time?
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Welcome. looks like you made some good choices and the best colour 😉
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Gentian looks amazing in bright sunshine! 😎

Make sure you share some pics on collection!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:43 pm Welcome and good choice of model and spec.

Gentian is a stunning colour.

Enjoy the collection
Haven’t you missed something Col??

Welcome OP - nice car, enjoy it
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S