Green and looking to get into my first Macan advice please?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:45 am Petrol or diesel versions ?
Both are the 3l petrol, the Macan I am looking at is the one actually advertised on this forum :lol: :lol: realised after I posted the question.
Macan S - Air, Bose, 18-Way (2016)

Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

aj13 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:36 am Both great cars.
All comes down to whether you want a Porsche on drive or an Audi.

Any macan (even a base model)....will still be a PORSCHE.
While even the SQ5 version will just be a quick Q5 in many eyes...
Does that make sense 🤔

if you go with Porsche, make sure your aware of increased running costs with maintenance. The offset of this maybe higher residuals for Porsche, but not guaranteed with older models.

Also, SQ5s are lovely inside, and if you do a basic remap you are probably quicker A to B than a 2016 macan S would be

But on a run, which would you emerge smiling from more🤔😁
I guess my worry is exactly this: I want the Porsche but I am paying a high price for an older car with more miles. I'm certainly looking to keep it for 3years at least so what I am trying to understand is would at the end of that be far worse with the Porsche in terms of residual? Both cars seem to have been well maintained the SQ5 will cost me about £1000 more to start with if I am being honest but has a much higher residual (£4k more than the Porsche atm???)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

don't understand why you are so hungup over resales prices, a porsche is bought to enjoy.
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

gasgas1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 am don't understand why you are so hungup over resales prices, a porsche is bought to enjoy.
I agree with you. However, although I'm lucky to be comfortable enough to be able to afford to buy and run any of the two at this price range. I would like to really know what my exit strategy would be. If it was a 911 i wouldn't even be thinking that but I'm not there yet haha
aj13

Post by aj13 »

Think if you keep them both 3 years.....in 3 years time the older Porsche will be worth more than sq5....assuming similar miles.
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

aj13 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 am Think if you keep them both 3 years.....in 3 years time the older Porsche will be worth more than sq5....assuming similar miles.
This is exactly why I came here, is this actually realistic given a fully maintained vehicle of similar miles but two years older? I am planning to keep extending the warranty and service it at the dealer for my ownership.
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Ramaya wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:13 pm
aj13 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 am Think if you keep them both 3 years.....in 3 years time the older Porsche will be worth more than sq5....assuming similar miles.
This is exactly why I came here, is this actually realistic given a fully maintained vehicle of similar miles but two years older? I am planning to keep extending the warranty and service it at the dealer for my ownership.
I don't think you can be certain of anything. So I don't think anyone can give you the categoric answer you're looking for.

That said in the 3 years of owning the car you'll be glad you were driving the Porsche over the bland Audi!
Ramaya

Post by Ramaya »

Absolutely nobody can tell.. just what your experiences are. Does anyone have any feedback on the service plan was quoted £1300 for a single service but service plan comes online for two for £2000 for the car seems like a no-brainer...
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

According to my Porsche centre, service plans aren’t available for Macans 🤔
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Ramaya wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:42 pm Absolutely nobody can tell.. just what your experiences are. Does anyone have any feedback on the service plan was quoted £1300 for a single service but service plan comes online for two for £2000 for the car seems like a no-brainer...
…except the Macan will have one service and one oil change per two years…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0