New Macan owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Thanks Col , thats useful information, still learning about the systems and operations on the Macan, I have the PCM with digital radio, cd player and phone prep as options and I’m using the USB for music storage , didn’t know I could download to jukebox

Barryc

Post by Barryc »

Welcome Tony, I’m one week, 1 day , 14 hours, 30 minutes and 10 second into ownership of my Macan, not that I’m counting lol. Loving every second of ownership despite a couple of initial issues that I’ve now sorted. Glad to hear you’re loving this amazing machine. Enjoy!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I see your Macan is pictured outside an OPC.

If you have not got the full “as ordered” spec of your Macan then the OPC can give you a Printout of what extras were included in original order.

Mobile phone, sat nav, rear seat heating system etc were all extras in the Gen 1A Macan that became standard in the Gen 1B which happened in the MY17 2016 models (if I have the right MY ref).

The first Macans were basically just four wheels, a body and an engine, everything else was an Option.

One final point, the early Macan’s had Halogen headlights as standard with bi-xenon’s as an Option, if your Macan has Halogen then do be aware that these are dire, a pair of LED cycle lamps provide more light than the Halogens. Image below is on my first Macan with its bi-xenons.

MacanS.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sat Nav, front and rear seat heating were still optional extras on my MY17 May 2017 Macan.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Hi Col
I bought my Macan from Porsche Tonbridge OPC and got the full spec from Porsche online
It’s a pretty well speced example as it needed to be,
Sports design; with skirts
Xenon lights
19 inch turbo wheels
Extended leather
Comfort packages
Pano roof
Roof rails
Privacy glass
PASM
PTV plus
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Tony
The spec that they would have posted would more than likely only include a few of the Options.

I still suggest you get them to give you a full printout of the Spec, they can easily do this be entering the VIN into their system.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Can you go on to MyPorsche and see the spec of your car? I can do that with mine.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

I too used the MyPorsche for options list, which I assumed was complete.
I had asked the OPC. For a factory data sheet but then told them I was happy with the online data.
Is it worth asking for a full printout?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Tonyedmunds wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:40 am I too used the MyPorsche for options list, which I assumed was complete.
I had asked the OPC. For a factory data sheet but then told them I was happy with the online data.
Is it worth asking for a full printout?
The App on my iPhone does not show the as bought spec.

My Porsche accessed via a web browser does show what I specified when I ordered it.

But yes, it is worth asking them for a printout or at least a PDF to be sent to you as that will have the full Porsche logo and headings.
Col
Macan Turbo
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Thanks Col will do
I always ask for a data sheet when buying used, Mercedes we’re really good at this with a full service history too.
That wasn’t needed with our Macan as it has single OPC service history and Porsche extended warranty for its whole life .
I looked at lots of Macans before going the OPC route and I have zero tpregrets