GTS collection

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
hpja

Post by hpja »

cowdray2 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:13 am
Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:31 pm Great pics

So the tvr was reliable?

My original lotus dealer was also a tvr dealer - I think the TVRs made the lotus look reliable !
Back in the 90’s I purchased new a TVR S3 had it for 4 years and covered 25k miles and never had a single fault with it….I remember the TVR dealer explaining that the reason the door windows never fully wound up was a safety issue…. Prevented the occupants drowning in heavy rain!
Great photos - I've gone all nostalgic! There is definitely something about TVRs.
Current: Macan GTS (2023)
Current: 992S (2020)
Previous: 997 C4S (2006)
Previous: 944 & 944S (1980s)

hpja

Post by hpja »

I've eventually got around to posting the photos of the car (other stuff going on this week!).

Really pleased with the spec and the car. I've not tested the performance yet since I'm aiming to keep it long term and trying to have some sort of running-in period - before I eventually run out of patience.

To coin Harry's phrase, likes and dislikes:
Dislikes - Porsche dash cam fitting (obtrusive, and I also hear that using Apple CarPlay can interfere with it although I can't vouch for that since I rarely if ever use CarPlay), no paper or pdf Driver's manual available.
Likes - just about everything else! Great interior, very smooth drive (not quite sure why I'm telling Macan owners something they already know).

IMG_0378 Large.jpeg

IMG_0377 Large.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

2japs

Post by 2japs »

hpja wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:37 pm I've eventually got around to posting the photos of the car (other stuff going on this week!).

Really pleased with the spec and the car. I've not tested the performance yet since I'm aiming to keep it long term and trying to have some sort of running-in period - before I eventually run out of patience.

Dislikes - Porsche dash cam fitting (obtrusive, and I also hear that using Apple CarPlay can interfere with it although I can't vouch for that since I rarely if ever use CarPlay), no paper or pdf Driver's manual available.
Likes - just about everything else! Great interior, very smooth drive (not quite sure why I'm telling Macan owners something they already know).
Gentian and pebble, deffo my fav 😍😍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Not sure if you’ve posted pictures from the driving position, but my Porsche dashcam is not visible like your pictures depict.
Macan S MY 2023
hpja

Post by hpja »

Skyway wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:57 pm Not sure if you’ve posted pictures from the driving position, but my Porsche dashcam is not visible like your pictures depict.
Thanks, Skyway.

My memory of the test drive car was that the dashcam fitted in nicely which was one of the reasons that I decided to go with the (expensive) Porsche option. However, I couldn't vouch for that so your response will definitely help with my argument. I have contacted the OPC to say that I'm not impressed, and am waiting for a response.
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Your dashcam hasn't been mounted in a very friendly way. Mine is the left of the mirror so as the driver you can't see it at all!
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

My OPC asked me where I would like both front and back cameras before sticking them on…I can’t see the front one from the driving position
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

2japs wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 pm Gentian and pebble, deffo my fav 😍😍
+1

Looking forward to getting my Gentian/Pebble Macan in a few months.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

2japs wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 pm
hpja wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:37 pm I've eventually got around to posting the photos of the car (other stuff going on this week!).

Gentian and pebble, deffo my fav 😍😍
+1
Very smart.
crockers

Post by crockers »

I can’t really see my Porsche dash cam either. Yours seems in the wrong place.

Your rear one seems low. Mine is a wee bit higher. But yes I can see mine and sometimes think I have something behind me 🤣