New member, Order is in!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

Hi all,

I placed my order for a Macan GTS on July 1. May possibly have it by the year end, no hurry but would be nice. I have been picking my spec but I am stuck on what you get with 8 way standard seats. I know we all have different likes and dislikes but these seats I like, and suit me. My question is are the door panels in alcantara as well? Are the backs and sides of the seats in leather? Any help would be very useful. I have driven a few but were fully loaded with leather.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Phil.C wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:24 pm Hi all,

I placed my order for a Macan GTS on July 1. May possibly have it by the year end, no hurry but would be nice. I have been picking my spec but I am stuck on what you get with 8 way standard seats. I know we all have different likes and dislikes but these seats I like, and suit me. My question is are the door panels in alcantara as well? Are the backs and sides of the seats in leather? Any help would be very useful. I have driven a few but were fully loaded with leather.
Hello and welcome to the Forum Phil.

On my Gen 2 GTS- door cards are not in Alcantara, but it is on the door pulls and central arm rest cover. The sides and backs of the seats are in leather.

I find the 8-way GTS seats very comfortable. The Alcantara centre panels are cool in summer and warm in winter. They enhance the look of the cabin too, compared to the all leather monotone. I have this standard option in both my Macans and both show(ed) virtually no signs of wear after 3 years use.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

20200601_130441.jpg

GTS 8-way

20200601_130449.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You are not stuck on the Spec at all, the spec only needs to be locked down a few weeks before you have a confirmed build date.

Or have not not been lurking?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

Great thank you, it was the extended leather/ race tex package description that that threw me making a thing of the seat bolsters and seat back being in leather. I understand the the other leather items. Thank you for clarifying. Yes appreciate the lock down situation but I need to get it right before changing it all again 😂
crockers

Post by crockers »

Put up a link to your current spec. You'll get some interesting responses 😁
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Phil.C wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:37 pm Great thank you, it was the extended leather/ race tex package description that that threw me making a thing of the seat bolsters and seat back being in leather. I understand the the other leather items. Thank you for clarifying. Yes appreciate the lock down situation but I need to get it right before changing it all again 😂
Changing spec does go with the territory and Porsche ownership.

Whilst I do not your comments I do feel that you are making a huge mistake in sticking with the 8 way.

Yes, they may well be fine if all you are using the care for is fairly short drives but if and when you use it on long journeys then the 14/18 way do come into play.

I have driven plenty of 8way Macan’s many all day and getting the seating just right is impossible as there is no Lumber Adjustments nor Squab length adjustment.

If budget is an issue drop off some unnecessary bling and/or driver aids to give the cash to include better seats which do have Memory features an important consideration if there will be multiple drivers.

Don’t forget to include a Spare Wheel to give you options.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

Hi
Still sorting this spec, I spoke my SE the other day I am number 2 in allocation looking at January '24 possibly to lock it down.. The OPC has had all their allocations for this year. My dilemma now are the wheels. I really like the Gloss black GT wheels. I am having the car Gtechniq detailed but how do the wheels hold up with subsequent cleaning? ie swirling etc. I'm sure this has been covered, but I am struggling to find the thread.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:21 pm
Phil.C wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:37 pm Great thank you, it was the extended leather/ race tex package description that that threw me making a thing of the seat bolsters and seat back being in leather. I understand the the other leather items. Thank you for clarifying. Yes appreciate the lock down situation but I need to get it right before changing it all again 😂
Changing spec does go with the territory and Porsche ownership.

Whilst I do not your comments I do feel that you are making a huge mistake in sticking with the 8 way.

Yes, they may well be fine if all you are using the care for is fairly short drives but if and when you use it on long journeys then the 14/18 way do come into play.

I have driven plenty of 8way Macan’s many all day and getting the seating just right is impossible as there is no Lumber Adjustments nor Squab length adjustment.

If budget is an issue drop off some unnecessary bling and/or driver aids to give the cash to include better seats which do have Memory features an important consideration if there will be multiple drivers.

Don’t forget to include a Spare Wheel to give you options.
The GTS 8 way seats are different to the other models, it’s the same 18 way bucket seats with less adjustments. Just add memory package.

Having had 18 way on previous 2 macans I found I never used the other 10 adjustments so I also went 8 way.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Go for the seats that you find most comfortable for you. We made sure we tried all the variants before making our choice.

Spare wheel is a NO from me. You lose a decent amount of luggage space below the boot floor that I find useful. I accept that I might get stranded and need recovery if a serious blow-out, but that hasn’t happened to me since car manufacturers started to leave out the spare wheel perhaps 20 years ago. And I wouldn’t want to change the spare wheel (and find somewhere for the original dirty wheel) in some circumstances like a motorway puncture.

GT wheels are great, I’ve specced for my new car albeit in Satin Platinum rather than Gloss Black. What external colour are you going for?
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo