Hello Porsche People....Macan Diesel 2015-2018 to buy?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Hi I'm based in between jct 3 and 4 of the M5 Hagley village.
I think I can share email details for further info unless the site objects to this not sure???

Cordshoes

Post by Cordshoes »

sent a PM.
pingman777

Post by pingman777 »

hello

i am just about to sell my Macan 2016 which has extended warranty on it , renewed in June 2023. 81,000 miles and high spec , based near Watford . PM if interested
happy days

Post by happy days »

We have a 2016 Macan SD with 122k on it. Had it from new.

Things that I am impressed with. Wife (not a car person) loves driving it. It holds the road well and is comfortable too. We are on Michelin all season tyres that (unbelievably) we got 60k out of - each set. In fairness though, it's mostly motorway driving.

Serviced every 20k with brake fluids replaced and the PDK box serviced every 40k. Few faults in that time; a radiator replaced under warranty and a bit of chrome trim fell off the driver's side window switches - warranty covered that too. Had to replace an adblue pipe which got crusted up and split causing the car to issue a no-drive-in-600 miles display, therefore had to be replaced urgenty (and the parts took a month to arrive). It threw a belt off a few months ago which neccessitated a recovery to the garage. (The alternator belt also drives the water pump which could lead to a catastrophic overheating).

Brake pads up front when the warning light comes on, discs every other set of pads (front and rear).

I'd have another one in the morning if they still made them, but as they don't we will be hanging on to this one for the foreseeable. Good luck with your search.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:32 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:39 pm ....MACAN....
I'm impressed Col - If I could find a round of applause emoji I'd use it. Hopefully you copy and pasted that and didn't type it? That would take me a week!!

Nice one
Your kind comment is appreciated

It sort of grew and is now a Pages file on my iPad.

Far easier to Copy and Paste it than to give chapter and verse on the Pros and Cons of each
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Yes agree - thanks for the detailed post. I even learned a couple of things from it ;-)
Deleted User 1877

Post by Deleted User 1877 »

Sent you a PM also. (Selling my 2017 diesel S (owned from new), as the new petrol S arrives next month).