New to Porsche Forums

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Hello all you Porsche owners. I’m new to this forum which I found some time after ordering my first Macan. I had been looking around for a medium sized SUV now that my Evoque P300e plug-in hybrid was coming up to three years old. I fancied a change and considered all the quality manufacturers models that had a bit of performance. I’ve always been a great admirer of Porsche especially since driving a 911 Carrera home from Glasgow to Buckinghamshire for a friend who had just bought it from a dealer he was well acquainted with. Still not sure why he put his trust in me.
To cut a long story short I decided I could just about afford a Macan about 3 years old after perusing a number of online ads. I knew there was a Porsche Centre in Tewkesbury so I dragged my other half along there to check what used Macans they had and also to check out whether the boot was big enough for our dog etc. We were met by a very pleasant salesman who quickly persuaded us that, if we left out some of the more expensive options, we could probably stretch to a new Macan. You can guess the rest.
Our new Gentian Blue Macan “should” be ready in about November but that remains to be seen.

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Welcome - and enjoy the wait :D
Subculture

Post by Subculture »

Also welcome and also enjoy the wait.
It’s a great car tbh, I am sure you will not be disappointed
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Do you have a config code ? Oh and another forthcoming member of the Gentian club 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I presume that you have Locked down the spec of your forthcoming Macan given the Nov date you quote.

Great colour choice in the gentian.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Thanks for the replies. The config. code isPR8UGB17. I’m thing of locking it in now but the fact that the sales exec hasn’t chased me leads me to think that November is optimistic. My problem is that my current car is on a personal lease and I’m meant to return it mid November. I’ve made enquiries and they will allow me to continue the lease on a month by month basis but that means more unnecessary expenditure as I am responsible for another excise tax renewal, another yearly service and an MOT. That’s beside the £400/ month for the lease.
One bit of good news is that I had an email invitation today to book a Porsche Driving Experience day.
I’ll keep you updated, Colin
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Welcome, suggest you get your SE to give you a lock in date if they can’t do that soonest your November deadline is probably as already stated “optimistic”. Next question to Them is “ Do I already have a current allocated slot ?” Hope all goes well, Macan is great and worth the wait.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Thanks Mike, I’ll go in and bend his ear a bit.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

November 2024?