New owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chris skiz

Post by Chris skiz »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:37 pm
Chris skiz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 pm ....Note though that your caravan fridge won’t have power when attached to the car....
@Chris skiz - is there power to the ATC do you know? Read somewhere that it wasn't wired to the towbar electrics?
Yes the ATC is powered. Though opc Leeds had never fitted one before and initially were pretty clueless. I confess I kicked up a bit of a fuss as they couldn’t answer any questions I had about what it would and wouldn’t power. Ended up complaining to Porsche GB about their lackadaisical attitude and then eventually they took an interest and got the answers. It is a good bit of kit and at least I’ve no worries over warranty issues as I’ll be extending again in January.
:D Gen 1 Macan turbo with PP
BMW E46 330d touring (tweaked :D )
05 and 03 R53 Mini Cooper S (both tweaked 05 one being converted to track day toy)
03 MX5 mk 2.5.

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Chris skiz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:51 pm
Chris skiz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 pm ....Note though that your caravan fridge won’t have power when attached to the car....
@Chris skiz - is there power to the ATC do you know? Read somewhere that it wasn't wired to the towbar electrics?
Yes the ATC is powered. Though opc Leeds had never fitted one before and initially were pretty clueless. I confess I kicked up a bit of a fuss as they couldn’t answer any questions I had about what it would and wouldn’t power. Ended up complaining to Porsche GB about their lackadaisical attitude and then eventually they took an interest and got the answers. It is a good bit of kit and at least I’ve no worries over warranty issues as I’ll be extending again in January.
Thanks Chris
I can never quite get my head round why some pins are wired and others not. If you have a 13 pin outbound socket why wouldn't you wire them all in
Chris skiz

Post by Chris skiz »

MooseMiller wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:53 am
Chris skiz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:51 pm

Thanks Chris
I can never quite get my head round why some pins are wired and others not. If you have a 13 pin outbound socket why wouldn't you wire them all in
I couldn’t agree more. I think it’s pin 9 for the fridge and the return earth is 13 but I can manage without the fridge as long as I’ve milk for a brew when I get where I’m going, she who must be obeyed goes shopping while I get the awning up and everything connected….saves the usual awning induced arguments!
As I understand though it’s quite common now for oe towbars to not power a fridge. Daft or what.
:D Gen 1 Macan turbo with PP
BMW E46 330d touring (tweaked :D )
05 and 03 R53 Mini Cooper S (both tweaked 05 one being converted to track day toy)
03 MX5 mk 2.5.
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

So car was collected tonight and my god it's lovely. Got a nice surprise to see the towbar thats been fitted is electric. They were telling me it took 3 techs 8 hours to fit as they had a bit of a nightmare with it. Also trying to have it ready for my collection today. All free of charge 😁
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

s_barker wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:50 pm So car was collected tonight and my god it's lovely. Got a nice surprise to see the towbar thats been fitted is electric. They were telling me it took 3 techs 8 hours to fit as they had a bit of a nightmare with it. Also trying to have it ready for my collection today. All free of charge 😁
Nice one - You know the rules, pics or it didn't happen :D
Enjoy your new car
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

Collected last thing yesterday and away on holiday the day. Got 1 pic the now but will get more once home and get it out a drive myself and see how it is without the wife.
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

IMG-20231005-WA0004.jpg

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Very nice!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats! 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2