Officially now a member - new GTS

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jon A wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:37 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:35 pm I don't give a monkey's what the front looks like. I bought it (them) for how it goes and feels from the drivers seat, all the waffle gets a bit tedious, frankly! :D
Are we even more grumpy than usual today Neil? 😂😂
Maybe....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:52 pm
Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:35 pm Hi. Just picked up my new GTS after an 18 month wait…..just need to run it in now before I give it a good blast.
Thanks for all the feedback on this one. I’ll update the post once I hear back from the
OPC. Everything else ‘GTS’ seems to be present.
OP, sorry I highlighted this😳
Will be interesting to hear what the OPC says though.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Dixiedeans2000

Post by Dixiedeans2000 »

JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 pm
Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:35 pm Hi. Just picked up my new GTS after an 18 month wait…..just need to run it in now before I give it a good blast.
Thanks for all the feedback on this one. I’ll update the post once I hear back from the
OPC pretty much insists they replace with GTS bumper ….say it will impact resale value. So new bumper ordered and should be fitted by mid November.
Dixiedeans2000

Post by Dixiedeans2000 »

Skyway wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:54 am Almost looks like they put the wrong front end on.
They did. New one ordered and coming soon.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 pm
Skyway wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:54 am Almost looks like they put the wrong front end on.
The right outcome
I still stand by what I said earlier. Not replacing it would impact resale and the number of interested parties
Black trim is synonymous with the GTS look/feel, and most (not all) GTS buyers expect the black grill (appreciate some folk here prefer the other front grill but it’s kinda irrelevant)
Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

I just don’t understand how this was not noticed earlier either at the end of the assembly line, the OPC or at handover. Anyway this is certainly the correct remedy IF the owner is happy. I am not sure it’s the OPC’s right to insist, advise yes.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Tidesurge3 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:44 pm I just don’t understand how this was not noticed earlier either at the end of the assembly line, the OPC or at handover. Anyway this is certainly the correct remedy IF the owner is happy. I am not sure it’s the OPC’s right to insist, advise yes.
Yeah it’s shockingly poor that they failed to notice at several points. Factory failure, QC failure, OPC failure.

As experts selling you a premium car, just goes to show you that they fail when it comes to attention to detail. It’s such an obvious thing to spot so it’s one of 2 scenarios:

1-Porsche and the OPC never noticed the error (genuine human error). In which case they deserve an average survey score provided they resolve to your satisfaction, and then a complaint to Porsche HQ regarding the lack of QC (I’ve done this before for a separate issue and got thousands off a new car).

2- Porsche and OPC are genuinely that incompetent, not only human error but they spotted the issue afterwards (I mean it’s hard not to let’s be honest, it’s the first thing everyone noticed here from a side view photo and none of us work for Porsche!!), but still chose to ignore, hoping you’d not notice, as it’s less work and hassle for them. Taking a chance that you may not notice and if you did complain they’d only fix it then. If you think this is the case then I’d give them a really low score, complain to the HQ and never buy a car from that OPC again.

I think it’s scenario 2 btw

Either way you do have a great car!!

2-they knew they’d made a mi
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:51 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 pm

OPC pretty much insists they replace with GTS bumper ….say it will impact resale value. So new bumper ordered and should be fitted by mid November.
Unbelievable! Oh wait it's Porsche!
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
2japs

Post by 2japs »

sd1985 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:31 am
Tidesurge3 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:44 pm I just don’t understand how this was not noticed earlier either at the end of the assembly line, the OPC or at handover. Anyway this is certainly the correct remedy IF the owner is happy. I am not sure it’s the OPC’s right to insist, advise yes.
Yeah it’s shockingly poor that they failed to notice at several points. Factory failure, QC failure, OPC failure.

As experts selling you a premium car, just goes to show you that they fail when it comes to attention to detail. It’s such an obvious thing to spot so it’s one of 2 scenarios:

1-Porsche and the OPC never noticed the error (genuine human error). In which case they deserve an average survey score provided they resolve to your satisfaction, and then a complaint to Porsche HQ regarding the lack of QC (I’ve done this before for a separate issue and got thousands off a new car).

2- Porsche and OPC are genuinely that incompetent, not only human error but they spotted the issue afterwards (I mean it’s hard not to let’s be honest, it’s the first thing everyone noticed here from a side view photo and none of us work for Porsche!!), but still chose to ignore, hoping you’d not notice, as it’s less work and hassle for them. Taking a chance that you may not notice and if you did complain they’d only fix it then. If you think this is the case then I’d give them a really low score, complain to the HQ and never buy a car from that OPC again.

I think it’s scenario 2 btw

Either way you do have a great car!!

2-they knew they’d made a mi
Doesn’t breed confidence in Porsche QC, not sure what’s worse,factory fitting then not spotting before factory release. OPC not spotted error or worse they new but hoped OP wouldn’t bother complaining 😡

As you say it’s the first thing that was noticed by members on here!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Dixiedeans2000 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 pm
That's extraordinary.

I have to say as someone new to Porsche after 13yrs of driving BMWs, it's a good thing the car drives as well as it does, because the rest of the experience hasn't particularly blown me away. The customer service has been pretty patchy, I'm not completely sure the quality is all that it could be (the perceived quality is there, but I'm not so sure about the intrinsic quality), everything costs a fortune, and if you are used to iDrive (which is night and day more intuitive to use), the menu system for the central display is a total PITA.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper