Another new member - Gen 2 Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Couple of things to add...

OPC found no HRW fault when with them last week. We video'd it this morning as agreed with the OPC as the best way to prove it's not working.
Just one line clears in 10 minutes. This after 6 mins...

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 14.27.08.png

Also PGB sent through the spec. Wheels have been changed, but the five spokes look good and are an easier clean!...

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 14.18.15.png

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Update on HRW misting up...

The car went back in for another look at the HRW issue. It had also died completely on the drive, then eventually started, and they sent a tech to swap it out for the loaner Macan S.

New battery installed, but it still had a constant drain, then they found the lighting control unit was to blame. Changed that too which solved the drain but not the HRW which then had to be replaced. All fine now.

One thing... when the tech had collected it I said I'd been trying to find how to check the battery voltage in the on-screen menu, with no luck. When the car came back almost two weeks later the right hand display had been updated with the fourth line showing battery voltage. I phoned the tech who said he'd added it as he'd remembered the conversation. I thanked him for going above and beyond. When was the last time an OPC actually listened to a customer!
I also phoned his DP to let him know what a good experience we'd had in the hands of this tech after being disappointed with the car initially due to these several issues.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^^ a Good News outcome indeed. Nice one. Care to share which OPC?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Wolverhampton.

Jodi, DP, took personal ownership of the problems.
Andy, gold SQS technician restored our faith.
Gary at PGB CS also excellent in helping out.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Always great to hear of a good ending and a customer being treated correctly. 👍👍