New Build

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 6047

Post by Deleted User 6047 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum & in process of configuring a Macan S. I have configured the car & was interested in the thoughts on what I have chosen as options?
I have a build date sometime in February 24 after placing deposit in September 23.
Build code PR1KXZF3.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Another can of worms waiting to be opened.(No offence intended)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:32 pm Another can of worms waiting to be opened.(No offence intended)
😂😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nice spec, though the wheel design is not my favourite, plus I prefer the 14-way seats……but each to their own!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

My first thought is that you seem to have a few expensive options that come standard on a GTS (PSE, Spyder wheels, air suspension and sports chrono together are getting on for £6K). Have you looked at the price difference in transferring your spec to a GTS? There are a few on here that have got GTS build slots at short notice and, if of interest to you, you may be able to get a GTS build slot in the same timeframe.

Otherwise a nice looking car. I would want to try and see Dolomite Silver and Pebble together before locking that down as general advice I’ve had is to avoid two light colours (although I had an M5 in Silverstone exterior and interior which is essentially Silver/Cream).

Good luck with your deliberations.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

AllanG wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:13 pm Nice spec, though the wheel design is not my favourite, plus I prefer the 14-way seats……but each to their own!
I insist you have the 14-way seats as I, the double 14-way seat champion, decree they are superior in every way and the 18-ways are utter, utter, crappy crap crap.

...but as you say, each to their own!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

£18k of options is a bit OTT.

If you use Cruise Control then you are best adding ACC. Standard CC is fixed speed unit as fitted to cars in the 80’s.

Porsche door lights are a waste of cash.

I would include insulated glass if you are going to be cruising at Mway speeds regularly.

Spyder wheels are a pain to clean as there are to many narrow spokes.

Pebble interior will lighten the interior hence the need for a Pano is reduced.

Heated steering wheel is one of my favourites.

18 way seats are a snug fit and on a long run I find them uncomfortable and my small in height Mrs had difficulty clambering over the high bolsters. For me the 14 way are the most comfortable so do have a long test drive of a pair of Macan’s one with 18w and one with 14w.

Brownie points to you for including a Spare and PS+
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Just tried to mimick your spec for a GTS (yeah, too much time on my hands……)

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRLDCMW1

I come up with a price of £80,745 vs your spec on an S at £77,948. Didn’t include Porsche crests on headrests as GTS have ‘GTS’ logo as standard. So £2,800 more for a GTS - must be worth thinking about?
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As PJV stated your spec is very close to a GTS with a lot coming as standard. The difference is near £10k less in extras which will strongly influence the residual value. The GTS with your spec matched does come out a bit dearer ( see that PJV beat me to it) and you miss out on some silver elements, also some don’t like the black front apron. You could also go for 8 way over 18 way to bring the cost down.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Hello and welcome
If your brain isn't spinning at 2000 rpm by now it sure will be. Enjoy the ride :D