Just joined the forum - shopping for a Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

I’ve had my Turbo since new in 2016.

A Turbo PP is a rare beast good luck finding one.

I would rather have a standard Turbo rather than a GTS which has a smaller engine and less power, but does have the trick suspension that is also in a PP.

A GTS may have rubbish 8 way seats should you consider one whereas a Turbo or Turbo PP will have either 14 or 18 way. I love my 14 way seats and would always choose them over the 18 way which are a snug fit.

Sports exhaust, sounds good but should not be a deal breaker, floor a Turbo or Turbo PP without it and you will still get a great roar, as it is the best feature of a sports exhaust is the Off switch, it drones very badly at a constant speed with it on.

If you post what extras are on your wish list we can comment on them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

However, if you buy privately and the car still has a months warranty for example, you can extend straight away without a 111 point check. So that may be the way forwards. It’s only if the warranty has expired you need to wait 90 days before renewing.
Also, the warranty is invalid if you buy from a dealer other than Porsche. It’s only transferable on a private sale.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 pm Welcome

I’ve had my Turbo since new in 2016.

A Turbo PP is a rare beast good luck finding one.

I would rather have a standard Turbo rather than a GTS which has a smaller engine and less power, but does have the trick suspension that is also in a PP.

A GTS may have rubbish 8 way seats should you consider one whereas a Turbo or Turbo PP will have either 14 or 18 way. I love my 14 way seats and would always choose them over the 18 way which are a snug fit.

Sports exhaust, sounds good but should not be a deal breaker, floor a Turbo or Turbo PP without it and you will still get a great roar, as it is the best feature of a sports exhaust is the Off switch, it drones very badly at a constant speed with it on.

If you post what extras are on your wish list we can comment on them.
Seats are subjective, but I do agree with you comment. I hunted for one with 18 way seats.
I do not agree with your opinion of sports exhaust, I use mine all the time.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SportsExhaust

Post by SportsExhaust »

I've only sat in the 18 way seats, thought they were great.
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

I test drove a standard Turbo with air suspension, and then a PP without. I preferred the ride on air, but was drawn in by the extra power and ‘exclusivity’ of the PP, so a Turbo PP with air suspension it is for me.

There’s a few comments about them being rare - but I’ve got several saved, one I’m interested in particularly but the price needs to come down somewhat for that to happen (+ needs warranty adding).

Spec desired is as follows, lots of which seems to come with the car as standard or within certain packs - but I’ll make reference anyway;
2017 - 2018 Turbo PP
Volcano Grey or Jet Black
Air suspension
21” alloys
Full leather (Agate/Pebble 1st choice, black 2nd choice)
18 way seats
Pan roof
Turbo exterior package
Sports chrono pack
Sports exhaust
Privacy glass
Black exterior trim (not silver gloss)
Heated seats (front as min)
Heated steering wheel
Carbon interior pack
Reversing camera
Full PSH - needed for the warranty I believe?
Max 50k miles
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:25 pm However, if you buy privately and the car still has a months warranty for example, you can extend straight away without a 111 point check. So that may be the way forwards. It’s only if the warranty has expired you need to wait 90 days before renewing.
Also, the warranty is invalid if you buy from a dealer other than Porsche. It’s only transferable on a private sale.
That last part regarding buying from a non-Porsche dealer is news to me. I thought the only factor was that the vehicle had to have an entirely Porsche service history to be eligible.
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:25 pm However, if you buy privately and the car still has a months warranty for example, you can extend straight away without a 111 point check. So that may be the way forwards. It’s only if the warranty has expired you need to wait 90 days before renewing.
That last part regarding buying from a non-Porsche dealer is news to me. I thought the only factor was that the vehicle had to have an entirely Porsche service history to be eligible.
Nope, if bought from an independent the warranty is not transferable.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 pm I test drove a standard Turbo with air suspension, and then a PP without. I preferred the ride on air, but was drawn in by the extra power and ‘exclusivity’ of the PP, so a Turbo PP with air suspension it is for me.

There’s a few comments about them being rare - but I’ve got several saved, one I’m interested in particularly but the price needs to come down somewhat for that to happen (+ needs warranty adding).

Spec desired is as follows, lots of which seems to come with the car as standard or within certain packs - but I’ll make reference anyway;
2017 - 2018 Turbo PP
Volcano Grey or Jet Black
Air suspension
21” alloys
Full leather (Agate/Pebble 1st choice, black 2nd choice)
18 way seats
Pan roof
Turbo exterior package
Sports chrono pack
Sports exhaust
Privacy glass
Black exterior trim (not silver gloss)
Heated seats (front as min)
Heated steering wheel
Carbon interior pack
Reversing camera
Full PSH - needed for the warranty I believe?
Max 50k miles
Surround view is great too. Good luck finding all this.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:55 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 pm
Nope, if bought from an independent the warranty is not transferable.
The dealer could sell the car as sale or return, in which case it is transferable
Macan
Taycan Turbo
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

There are 276 Macan Turbo PP currently licensed in the UK and 3 on SORN.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/p ... s-a#engine

The 8-way seats are very, very good and comfortable. I know as I had them on my SD and now my GTS. The later being similar to the 18-way in lateral grip.
I had extensively tested the other versions and prefer the 8-way. Each to their own. ;) :o :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver