Macans are about to be uninsurable!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Tracky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:42 am
FirstSeaLord wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:01 pm The thieving's everywhere in London and includes most manufacturers. It's definitely not just Porsche

This happened in Putney last week, and there are other recent examples. Apparently they're after airbags, but this looks more extensive than that to me - but am not an expert

Am lucky that I have somewhere to securely keep our cars. If we didn't we'd definitely be driving different, cheaper cars in this family. I used to leave my 997 on the street for years and it was untouched - but think we're in a fresh new era of car theft
Looks like they left the indicators assuming with it being a bmw they don’t work !
:lol:
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

crockers wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:02 pm
Moriarty wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 am
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:21 pm

The VAG group have been piss poor for donkey’s years, dieselgate showed their true colours.

The pathetic excuse for Sat Nav and Infotainment that is fitted to a Macan have been around for ten years and still it is dire.

VAG software is a joke, they are still struggling to get their EV’s to function.

Macan ICE is being dropped in the EU.

Simply have a look online at the sheer volume of Lock Picks that are readily available, they can be in any car in seconds flat, connect up to the OBD port and thirty seconds later they are driving away.

Two minutes later they park up and rip out the Tracker in a task that takes a minute or so.

It is not just Porsche it is any car, if they want it, it is gone.

Surprising that insurance companies are not insisting that we:- Garage the car, fit bollards if you have to park on your drive, always fit a visible steering lock and have a couple of Airtags or similar hidden in the vehicle.
Actually my insurer does insist that my Macan is garaged overnight when at home, otherwise it is not covered against theft from my home. This was a condition of my policy (with Aviva).
What area is that ?

My Granddaughter had to have a secondary immobilizer fitted and it has to be garaged overnight. That's in Hampstead area.
I suppose she's lucky as many insurers won't insure a RR Vogue in that area.
It’s Buckinghamshire. In the countryside. Not London or anything like that, and I’d think it’s a low crime area.
Noslouch

Post by Noslouch »

Porsche have just lent me a Macan S loan car, while I wait for my new car
What could possibly go wrong……….😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Noslouch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 pm Porsche have just lent me a Macan S loan car, while I wait for my new car
For goodness sake don’t park it where you parked the last one… 😶
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm
Noslouch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 pm Porsche have just lent me a Macan S loan car, while I wait for my new car
:lol: :lol:
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm

I am wondering with Noslouch being so happy that the OPC forgot to tell him the claims excess was £70k ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Noslouch

Post by Noslouch »

Now you have told me that I will have to sleep in it tonight!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Noslouch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:53 pm Now you have told me that I will have to sleep in it tonight!
I wouldn't, unless you want to be in Timbuktu tomorrow !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :o
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Noslouch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:53 pm Now you have told me that I will have to sleep in it tonight!
Do pack plenty of food, drink and a porta potty in the car with you.

Its a long sea trip when you and the car will be packed inside a container.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Noslouch

Post by Noslouch »

It is very dark in here…….