GTS locked down. Best finance???

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Philp

Post by Philp »

Got a little pressie just before xmas from Porsche which was that someone pulled out so i got bumped up the queue. Car being built this month and pick up is Feb. I'm going to do factory collection from Leipzig and then take in some of Europe's nice roads whilst getting to know my new car. Can't wait!

Thanks for your help with the spec and in particular about whether i take air or not and that i should spec the Sapir wheel. Below is my spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH1GQZS2

Regarding finance, i am taking out personal PCP. Thought it would be useful to share what i have found out about best lenders. Has anyone come across better rates?

Porsche - recently improved their finance rates for new cars. Can get 5.9% Apr

Oracle finance - quoted about 6.5% Apr so not great however the residuals they assumed for the macan were about £8k more than other people i have spoke. At end of 4 h £38k! So if low monthly repayments are your aim then defo speak to them.

Clydesdale - doing 4.5% Apr so the best i have heard of at moment and will be my choice unless someone has any better intel. Downside is they are conservative on residuals so the monthly payments are quite a bit higher then Oracle for example despite a massive different in the Apr.

Thanks

Phil

SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

I used Ryan at Clydesdale found him very efficient.
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Get a quote from Oracle showing the higher residual and ask Clydesdale to match it. I suspect they will do their best as someone else here banged to get the residual upped significantly.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I went with Clydesdale. Preferred the lower APR and the conservative balloon payment as maximised the capital pay down giving the greatest potential for equity at the end.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Just a thought.. Are the Clydsdale and/or Oracle deals PCP, or are they HP with a final balloon payment?
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Just a thought.. Are the Clydsdale and/or Oracle deals PCP, or are they HP with a final balloon payment?

Clydesdale is HP with final balloon.
I also used Ryan at Clydesdale and agree with the positive comments posted.
I was lucky to get in just before the interest rate rise.

Bazza062017-01-06 13:34:35
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice Rhodium GTS spec!

I have also found Ryan at Clydesdale very good to deal with. The latest rate he quoted me was 4.6% APR, although I won't be getting my Panamera until March 1st so rates could still change. I think he said that the term of years and amount borrowed can also affect APR. Still better than the 6.2% quoted by Porsche recently! I agree with Hawkeye that I prefer the lower balloon, so you're repaying more capital, owe less at the end of the term and are paying less in interest overall.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

If financing the lower the balloon the better assuming you can afford the payments. Straight forward HP is probably second best to paying cash in terms of total amount paid assuming you want to ultimately own the vehicle or have decent equity for your next one.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Retired

Post by Retired »

......Car being built this month and pick up is Feb. I'm going to do factory collection from Leipzig and then take in some of Europe's nice roads whilst getting to know my new car. Can't wait!

Wondered about picking my car up from Leipzig, but haven't looked into it.

I'm not interested in Porsche supplied travel / accommodation as can sort that myself, just the pick up.

Any info you can supply would be gratefully received.

One thing, are they willing to let you loose on summer tyres. Remember cold weather tyres are mandatory in Germany when the conditions require them. It's -4 in Leipzig right now with -10 and snow forecast overnight.

Dimly remember reading something to the effect that pick up in the winter months required appropriate rubber.