New Macan owner to be

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Captain Sponge

Post by Captain Sponge »

Hi PercyPenguin,

A belated welcome to the forum, congratulations on very nearly getting your new Macan, a very exciting day approaches!

Don't feel embarrassed about asking any questions on here, they are all nice chaps/ladies in my experience and there is a huge collection of Macan knowledge to back it up.

Cheers.

Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Welcome to the forum and #teamwhite

Your spec looks great. Can't wait to see pics...
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
percypenquin

Post by percypenquin »

Hi Everyone, we took delivery of our Macan this afternoon because we just couldn't wait until next week! As we have our own plate, we really weren't that bothered about a 17. Haven't managed the interior photos yet as it was too dull, wet and cold when we got home but when I've got them all, I'll attempt to put a couple on here.
Meanwhile we have a nice big manual to look at to find out what all the buttons do - we were shown but I'm afraid not much of it stayed in my memory! We're absolutely delighted about the look of the car, inside and out, with husband besotted with the 4 chrome tailpipes and we now also have bleepers that bleep, unlike the Merc! The drive home was just as good as I remember when we did the test drive and I'm sure it will get even better when I'm more relaxed.
Freebies? Two key rings. Smile but the mats have yet to arrive in stock so still not sure about those. Our daughter took delivery of a BMW recently and she got a full set of Autoglym products (even though she didn't have the Autoglym treatment) and a bouquet of flowers! Strange indeed!
Anyway I'll be back soon.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats and we look forward to the pics!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Congrats and look forward to the photos.

The more tailpipes the better.
GTS 😀
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Don't blame you for not waiting - the next week is REALLY going to drag on for me. Unhappy

Hope you get some better weather soon so that we can see some photos. Thumbs Up
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
steve w

Post by steve w »

By taking delivery today you've got another week to enjoy your Macan ,now we always get our new vehicles ASAP gone are the days of waiting for the latest plate to impress the neighbours been there and done that numerous times before
StrveW
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Excellent news, percypenquin. I hope you are both really pleased with your Macan.

The manual is a bit like a Wagner opera: long, detailed, thorough and repays close attention and study. If Wagner is not your thing then Porsche offer an excellent "get to know your Macan" app for your smartphone. It is available for Apple and Android and combines short video animations with clear text. I found it really useful because although I had a really good handover, I was so chuffed at taking delivery of my first Porsche that I blanked out quite a lot of stuff.

You can find a link to the app on the website of Porsche UK, here:

Good luck and enjoy!
DS delivered 30th September 2016. Final spec code PHFK81G7.
Coastalquad

Post by Coastalquad »

I currently drive an Audi SQ5 with a wheelchair lift in the back hatch. The Macan would be my vehicle of choice so would be fascinated to see your lift mechanism.

Enjoy your vehicle!
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Congratulations on your new Macan, hope you are both enjoying it.

We are both short and both found it comfortable and easy to drive over very long distances. The precise set up of the car and controls make it very assured and safe feeling even if you don't want to drive it like a race car driver :D
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960