New Macan owner to be

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
percypenquin

Post by percypenquin »

Hello everyone. I've been trying to get into the forum for a few weeks now, finally made it. Just to say how much we have enjoyed looking at your forum and have found all your postings really helpful in deciding our options and it's been good fun too. Our code is www.porsche-code.com/PHP88YL1 which hopefully will work. Observations I know some will make is the Panoramic roof which is not on there due to the fact that we will never use it. The car has options that we want and sell on factors did not enter into the equation. We're declining the hard sell Gap, wheel and tyre insurance and GardX. Will buy Gap much cheaper and won't bother with the others. Thanks for all the info on those products, really helped with our decisions. I had to reign in some of the options as my husband was like a boy in a toy shop but I think we've got a good spec now. Too late to change!
The car is being delivered to Porsche Centre this week so getting very nervous as I'm the driver because my husband is not allowed to drive due to medical problems. He's going to be so frustrated but then he's used to it by now as he is also a wheelchair user. We are changing from a Merc C Class which has suffered bad turbo lag amongst other things. But it's also been comfortable and reliable. Hopefully our experience of the Macan will be even better.
Cleaning the car will be left to the local lads from Eastern Europe who have done a superb job on our Mercedes for the past 3 years and as hubby can't clean it and nor can I. I know, it's a big risk but we don't have an alternative as we've tried the home valeting and cleaning a car in the rain really doesn't work!
Look forward to hearing everyone's views!

Imax

Post by Imax »

Hi and welcome... although it looks like you have been looking around for a while.

Looks like a well specced Macan. It doesn't take long for all the options to add up, but I am sure you will enjoy. I am in the non-pan roof club as well and nice to hear you have selected the things you want and will use.

As the spec can't be changed... all I will say is I hope you enjoy and your husband likes being driven around in a proper car!!!
My Macan GTS spec (collected 31 March 2017....)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIYR6B1
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Welcome percypenquin!

Glad we've been able to help you to your final decision. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your new Macan! And if we can help with any questions as you get to know it, you know what to do!

As always it'll be really nice to see some pics of your shiny new car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Congrats.

That's one stylish car (although not my style). Would be very interested to see pictures of the walnut interior.

Should be a very nice place to be.

And well done for staying away until lockdown so you can make your own choices without all the direct coercion that happens here ;-)

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and nice to see a different and personal spec.

You have all the items required to make it a very nice place to be and a lovely looking car.
Sure you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Thumbs Up
GTS 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Welcome to the forum, a den full of Macan enthusiasts. You have a very nice, and different spec, I do trust your husband can enjoy it. It's still a significant jump in cost with only some options added, so much a for 'base' car. I have never seen that interior in the flesh and did consider the wood on my car, it will look fabulous as all Macans do. If you have read through the posts, you will know that most of us feel it's best to avoid dealer offerings on paint protection unless they are free, and insurances from ALA/NFU usually offer better value Gap and other insurances. Carerra White has a lovely metallic sheen, if you could have some form of protection added, perhpas the dealer will do it FoC for you, it will make it easier to clean and look really good. If you don't live too far away, some dealers offer wash and valet services as well. Do enjoy the collection procedure, tell us what freebies, if any, they give you..... and a few pictures particularly of the interior, please.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome percypenquin! Thumbs Up
Am sure you'll be very happy with your new Macan! I put sport tailpipes on my Macan 2.0 too! Smile
It's good to hear that our little forum was useful to you in your ordering etc. And as others have said, I look forward to photos, especially of your brown leather & walnut interior!
Enjoy collection day! Big smile
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Wow, that's a couple of grand over the base price of a GTS
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Congrats on the imminent arrival.

Enjoy the day and remember our Forum mantra......no images and it did not happen.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
percypenquin

Post by percypenquin »

Thanks everyone. I'll try my best to put some images on here, I seem to remember there are some instructions somewhere. We go to finalise the money side of things on Wednesday when you never know, the car may have been delivered!
The interior choice is indeed different. I'm not sure how it will look for real either but fingers crossed. It was hubbies choice to have the walnut. We were dissuaded from having the beige (we've had beige anyway in our previous 2 cars but with darker dash) and as we didn't particularly want black or grey, we chose brown.
I particularly liked the drive of the 2-litre (when we finally managed to get a test drive) and I found myself very relaxed within a few hundred yards so that was an important point for me, together with the fact I could get in and out since I'm only a little person. The car is for taking us wherever we might want to go safely and in comfort, hence the 18" wheels, speed is not the overriding factor, nor is having a noisy exhaust system much to the annoyance of hubby, but he was allowed the tailpipes! LOL
Going by others on here, we don't expect any freebies but live in hope. We ordered the all weather mats but they said they will do those from stock, so we might get lucky or we might push them a bit on Wednesday!
You'll have to bear with me on the forum if I post in the wrong place, forums are fairly new to me and I know some people get really upset if you don't do it right but you seem a really friendly group of people. I'll be in touch later in the week when we should have some more definite news. Many thanks again.