New Member - GTS on Order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. So I need the Drivers Memory Pack to get the dipping n/s mirror? Can out not be selected manually?

I will look at the aluminium rather than piano black (need to see a few different cars to compare)

My Cayenne Turbo had keyless entry and I found it handy rather than having to put the key in. My X5 has this and keeping my keys in my pocket is easier Big smile

Does the GTS interior come with the stitching automatically now (the configurator doesn't seem to show an option to add it?)
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)

steve w

Post by steve w »

Martin
That's a nice spec but imo i wouldn't have the.
Porsche Entry and Drive.
Painted Door Handles.
Vehicle keys painted,you can buy these painted key covers much cheaper on line.
Piano black interior trim,on our GTS we have the GTS interior which is expensive but looks brilliant,because there's a lot of black we have the brushed Aluminium trim as it lightens the interior up.
21in Black Classics look the bussines,the Spyders I understand are not the easiest wheel to clean.
We've got AIR this drops the Macan 10mm and the ride is great.
Whatever spec you finish up with the GTS is a brilliant Macan imo the sweet spot in the Macan range.
Enjoy the speccing up.
SteveW
TEAM GTS.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. So I need the Drivers Memory Pack to get the dipping n/s mirror? Can out not be selected manually?

I will look at the aluminium rather than piano black (need to see a few different cars to compare)

My Cayenne Turbo had keyless entry and I found it handy rather than having to put the key in. My X5 has this and keeping my keys in my pocket is easier Big smile

Does the GTS interior come with the stitching automatically now (the configurator doesn't seem to show an option to add it?)

Martin, you do need some form of seat memory / comfort pack (or 14 /18 way seats)to get the " parking assist" n/s mirror dip,
My signature pics show the black aluminium,
GTS interior (the one at £2700!) comes with contrast stitching. On the configutator, if you click in the "i" next to any selected option you get a full description and usually a detailed pic.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Welcome MartinRS2k

IMHO the GTS interior is well worth it.
The black brushed aluminium trim looks nice and doesn't show the marks like piano black.
Air suspension is brilliant, but try cars with and without it to see if it floats your boat.
For
me, having the side blades in black reduces the height of the car from
the side view, making it appear more "squat". They also look very nice
with black 21" classics - which are probably the easiest option to keep
clean.
Surround view is worth every penny!
Personally, I wouldn't bother with Entry & Drive and as steve w says, the painted key covers can be bought for about £10 on ebay (ok, so not a perfect match, but close enough..).
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

All piano black trim swirls so easily, I would not go for it. I have black brushed aluminium which is great, or the straight aluminium.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
mark4473

Post by mark4473 »

Hello All,
Also an expectant new owner I have to have my final spec in tomorrow so any obsservations would be welcome ,especially any thoughts on the torque vectoring !
pht41iu7 .

95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Hello All,
Also an expectant new owner I have to have my final spec in tomorrow  so any obsservations would be welcome ,especially any thoughts on the torque vectoring !
pht41iu7 .

Mark,

There are much more experienced users/owners on here than me (our GTS still on order).

But I debated PVTS and the deciding factor was a search of the Porsche used car locator. Last time I did an advanced search only 5 of 168 used Macans had PVTS - so I figure we can do without.
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Hello All,
Also an expectant new owner I have to have my final spec in tomorrow  so any obsservations would be welcome ,especially any thoughts on the torque vectoring !
pht41iu7 .

Mark,

I note you have the old pricing - is that price locked in for delivery before June ? See another thread on the price rise that can in mid March.

Rest of your spec looks good. We have added sports exhaust with black tailpipes to go with the other black GTS bits. If you have kids (maybe you do as you have specced rear blinds) - side rear airbags ?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think the PVT is a bit over the top for 99.9% of most people's requirements. To feel the benefit, you're probably going to be on a track day (or going far too fast on the road ) I've certainly never felt mine needed any help with turn-in or mid corner rotation......

95BFan; PSE with black tailpipes is standard on a GTS.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Black tailpipes standard on GTS.

Your spec looks good, I wouldn't go for PVTS.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8