New Member - GTS on Order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

Hello everyone, my first post on here as a future Macan owner, but I have owned a few Porsches and currently have a 2.

I've recently placed an order for a GTS and would like some advice on what is essential to spec on the car and what is more for the 'wish list'

The car will be Carmine Red but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Aslo I have been told by my OPC that I will get the invite to SEC to drive the Macau's before I finalise my spec, is it a good day?

Looking forward to the forum and getting involved going forward Smile
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

There is a sticky giving a lot of detail on the many options so have a search for that.

For me a GTS needs 21" wheels, pano roof, nav is standard now anyway, full leather interior but not necessarily the GTS interior and heated seats. There are then loads of things that are nice depending on how much money you want to spend.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Do read the sticky on extras as per MCDKs post.

It depend on what you want and how and where you drive

My signature has what I have included in my Turbo

With a GTS, I would add 21" wheels, PS+, Sports Chrono, and upgrade to LEDs as a starter.

Do check out the standard 8 way seats to see if they are OK for you, many have them but quite a lot upgrade to 18 way, it depends on what suits you.

Where are you buying from?
.Col Lamb2017-03-31 23:26:18
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As Col says above add PS+, sports chrono and LED lights to my spec above as I have all those. Also spare wheel is useful and 75l tank. Privacy glass also an essential for me.

Post up a spec and we can "advise".
Paul

Post by Paul »

With the GTS I'd keep the standard wheels, especially on Carmine.
Full GTS interior is pricey but looks the part.....mine's got the " standard" seats but it would be sitting in a few to make sure they are OK for you. If you stick with 8 ways, driver memory is a good value option (if Mrs MartinRS2K is allowed a set of keys)
Other options and " must haves" really depend on so many things.....how long are you keeping the car / budget / what do you want from the car and so on.
I'm probably in the middle road in that my GTS has around £8K of extras (although nav is now standard)
The day at Silverstone is great fun, the instructors will give a much or as little input as you want. Hooping around the track is great but it's also educational to go on the ice hill / kick plate if only to experience first hand loosing control of a car (and hopefully madtering the slides etc) There's a few good write-ups on PEC (porsche Experience Centre) days if you gave a search.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Stick with 20" wheels. Better ride and less risk of damage to tyres and wheels from potholes and kerbs.

Yes, the PEC is great fun. I can't understand why not everyone takes up the offer.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
LVision

Post by LVision »

Good advice from the Guys already,, and well worth having a search on the forum for other nuggets. One thing you will soon realise is that as soon as you have a draft spec published on here you'll get plenty of addition suggestions of how to spend your money. The Macan is however a fantastic car and you will be over the moon with the voice you made at the end of the day.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

There's no substitute for having the largest factory fit wheels available IMHO.
I have black classics on my Carmine car and given that all the black trim on a GTS is glass I think they look a perfect match.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

This is what I've configured so far, but subject to change when I've driven a few more and seen different cars with different options.

Carmine Red
20" RS Design Spyder Wheels (Std Spec)
Sport Seats GTS - 8 Way (Std Spec)
Porsche Entry Drive
Park Assist Fr/Rr with Surround View
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Side Blades Exterior Colour
Door Handles Painted in High Gloss Black
Sports Chrono
Sports Exhaust (FOC)
Aluminium Exterior Pack (FOC)
Seat Heating - Front
Smoking Package
Vehicle Keys Painted
Piano Finish Black Interior (FOC)
18" Space Saver Spare Wheel

Also want to get the red stitching on the seats, but not sure if I want to go Leather/Alcantara or full leather?

We will be keeping the car for 3 or possibly 4 years as the wife will be driving it daily (8-10,000 miles a year). I drive a BMW X5 daily which I will be keeping and hopefully a new 991.2 GT3 in 2018 (subject to allocation)

Thoughts on the spec please

MartinRS2K2017-04-01 16:36:38
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Personally don't like the entry /drive; no start button, just a dummy key permanently in tne dash.....
I think the black side-blades linking the black wheels look better, especially with black door handles......
I also put the eye-watering GTS interior in mine for the stitching.....
I think the piano black interior is a bit " shiney" for a GTS; the brushed aluminium looks great.....
Driver memory (to get the dipping n/s mirror in reverse) and light comfort pack are " cheap" options....
Others will no doubt chip in......!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465