GTS on its way

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I am thinking about a new car detailing with GTechniq at Bellissimoto. Does anyone have an opinion on if this is a good idea or just a waste of time? I want the car to look as good as possible for as long as possible))
Cheers
Simon

If you read my thread.....washing and detailing your Macan.

You will have a mass of information to help you decide.

I had mine detailed for the reasons as follows:-

1 - Audi included Autoglym Lifeshine for free in the Q car I bought and it was very, very migh maintenance to clean it myself. The wax was soft and dirt just stuck like glue, tar was a sod to clean off, the wheels were permanently covered in embedded grit. Hence vowed never to have a wax job again (OK so opened up a hornets nest of potential puns on that response).

2 - Wanted to have a finish that was easy to clean so had both Macans I have owned detailed. One by OPC and the current Turbo by a Pro outfit.

Detailing does work and it does not matter if you are OCD or just want it easy to clean.

If you are not fussed about the exterior, then why bother doing anything?

If the car is only short term then again why bother?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

goron59

Post by goron59 »

The only certainty on detailing is that it does not protect your car enough to save you money or maintain value enough to help on selling on.

It can make it easier to clean yourself than some wax treatments, but unless your are OCD, mad or a cheapskate, you're not going to clean it yourself anyway :)

Personally, I've only had cars professionally treated twice, and they looked really nice for about 5 miles.
Now I just wash them when they get dirty.

But in recent months, my car's been back at the OPC some many times, I let them do it!

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Oh and is that Bellissimoto in Bermondsey?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
notsomadmick

Post by notsomadmick »

That is one fabulous spec'd GTS. I too very nearly chose Agate with black wheels. I would love to see some photos if you have the time to post them.

Enjoy,
M,
911 SC Sport
986 Boxster S X2
987 Boxster
997 Carrera
997.1 GT3
Cayenne D
991 Carrera
Macan X 5 (SD X2 + GTS X3)
981 Spyder - current
Macan (GTS) baby number '6' born 09/17 in my ideal spec http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4KEEA1
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

I had my GTS treated with SiRamik, but a couple of weeks after having it done, some pillock scuffed the passenger door. Nothing too serious, just a light scuff on the lacquer and easily polished out, but of course that takes the paint treatment off, too...

My detailer was very good and re-coated the door FOC for me, but I know that I can't expect him to do that every time I get a scratch.

Would I have paint protection again? Probably not..
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)