Second Porsche!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Could be worth looking at finance with your current account bank.

They'll have a bit of history with you.

I got a good quote from Barclays on an unsecured, flexible fixed loan.

I have been with them since I was sixteen though!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Re Voluntary Termination of the PCP you don't need a settlement figure for that. You just need to notify them formally that you intend to exercise your right to terminate the agreement. They should then arrange to inspect and collect the car. That's the theory anyway. There is always the possibility of disputes over condition / mileage though the law only says that the vehicle must be in reasonable condition.

I'm about to put this to the test anyway as I'll be voluntarily terminating the PCP on my BMW which is 3 years into a 4 year PCP and worth significantly less than the finance outstanding.

Re Clydesdale I got an approval within minutes for HP with balloon.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Pete

Post by Pete »

With this PCP, you need to have paid half the value in order to walk away from it. I went through this with the Porsche SE last night and he seemed to think that I've paid enough to not need to pay any more, but we'll see what Black Horse says. In any case, there's less than £1K of payments to make before the end of the contract term.

I had the test drive in the Macan last night - it wasn't as long as the one I had in the 911, but it was enough for me to get a taste of it. In "dog in the boot, other half in the passenger seat" mode, it's a sublime, smooth, silent ride. With a bit more right foot, it's got a hell of a lot of poke.

I've still not heard back from Clydesdale. After they promised a decision within two working days, it's now day four. I'll give them a call later on to see what's going on. Failing that, I'll go with my bank (if my credit rating hasn't been negatively affected by Clydesdale) although they won't lend me as much as Clydesdale and I'll be digging further into my own pocket.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Might not be a bad thing to put down a bigger cash deposit, with interest rates on savings as poor as they are at present. You won't be earning 4.2% or more on any deposit savings account that I'm aware of 😉
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pete

Post by Pete »

Oh well. Clydesdale decided to decline my application despite me having a good credit score and numerous successful car loans in the past.

I guess I'll just continue to save up the old-fashioned way.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well, managed to get finance sorted out. Now waiting for the OPC to let me know when the car has been prepared and a handover slot. I'm on holiday this week and I have a funny idea that the dealership is waiting for me to return before doing anything despite me saying I can collect it soon after I get back...

Still, should only be a few days and I should learn patience.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great news Pete. All good things....

Look forward to the pics and enjoy the collection 👍
GTS 😀
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks! The irony is that I'm in Norfolk now, where there's some rather nice B-roads where I'm spending the week driving in the Evoque pretending to myself that is not an Evoque and after next week, I'm back to the usual commute...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Good news on getting the finance sorted. Enjoy the handover & look forward to seeing the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Preview pic on page 3 of this thread 😉
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018