Second Porsche!!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pete

Post by Pete »

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

Collected it this afternoon. Not really done any 'man' driving in it yet as I've been performing duties.

Very impressed so far and slowly getting to grips with PCM and it's love of showing me the whole of the south of England while navigating a 20 mile journey. I think I have a bit of reading to do.

Photos coming when I get chance.

happy days

Post by happy days »

Rotate the right hand dial and that will zoom in and out the map.
Macan S D
718 S
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Pete wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:42 pm Ok, so if I squeeze to get a 2015 car, I get up to a year of warranty which should help sort out any used car niggles. I'm not sure yet whether I'll go with an OPC approved used or go with someone else. Really depends what cars are on offer when I have the cash in my pocket...
I don't know if you have taken a look at OPC used prices yet, but it was an eye-opener for me. You can pretty much buy a new one for the same price or less (if you keep the options list sensible). You may well end up with a lower spec car, but with options that you actually want/need and of course zero mileage. Only other consideration is the relatively long wait.

If buying used I would buy privately while still in original warranty and then extend the warranty with your local OPC. I wouldn't buy from an independent as all they do is buy stock privately (I've sold cars to them in this way after advertising for private sale) and then sell it on at profit with their own warranty. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd rather have a Porsche warranty and pay less money for the car.

Edit: Sorry didn't notice the other 4 thread pages!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yeah, I did indeed buy a used car at the OPC - happened to be one of the cheapest in the country on offer at the time, even then it's pushing my budget somewhat and a new car wouldn't have been comfortably affordable. As much as I'd like the newer version of PCM, it's not a deal breaker for me and I have a spec that's ok for me (even if my other half doesn't really like the colour that much).

I would take more photos of it and put them in the gallery, but I think I probably have one of the crappiest cars on the forum in terms of age (and everyone seems to be crapping on SDs right now).

I let my 75 year old mother drive it last weekend, she loved it (but I didn't press the sport button).
Deleted User 1874

Pete wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 am Yeah, I did indeed buy a used car at the OPC - happened to be one of the cheapest in the country on offer at the time, even then it's pushing my budget somewhat and a new car wouldn't have been comfortably affordable. As much as I'd like the newer version of PCM, it's not a deal breaker for me and I have a spec that's ok for me (even if my other half doesn't really like the colour that much).

I would take more photos of it and put them in the gallery, but I think I probably have one of the crappiest cars on the forum in terms of age (and everyone seems to be crapping on SDs right now).

I let my 75 year old mother drive it last weekend, she loved it (but I didn't press the sport button).
I think you did very well there actually. The used ones in our local OPC are all pointlessly (IMO) blinged up (cheapest is £57K!). I wouldn't even notice most of the cosmetic options in the real world while some of the more practical options I actually want are missing. So I'm going to spec a new one with select options, which will end up around £55-57K with gear I actually want.

P.S. I think it looks great on the stock 18s, even though your photos don't do it much justice with the wide angle lens. I saw one in a car park the other day and thought it looked rather purposeful (in an SUV kind of way). When I see one with blingy 21" wheels I just think it looks a bit too garish for my taste.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes, I agree that 18s look "right" to me, especially with the rim pattern - reminds me of old-school F1 wheels.

I'll try and take another longer range photo tomorrow morning.
Deleted User 1874

Pete wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am Yes, I agree that 18s look "right" to me, especially with the rim pattern - reminds me of old-school F1 wheels.
Ah, I knew there was something vaguely familiar about that wheel pattern! I'm just bored with the whole "big wheel rim" trend. Kerb damage is always a real threat too. It's nice not to have to worry about mm accurate parking. My Qashqai came with 19s as standard (on 45 profile tyres) and it's a nightmare to park close to a kerb. I've caught the rims a couple of times when in a hurry despite surround cameras. I know some tyres give more rim protection than others (the Michelins I had on my 997 were great) but a smaller rim size really helps massively. It will be 18s or 19s on my Macan for sure. I do like the standard 19" "Turbo" wheels and not so expensive.
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^^
I had '19s on my first SD (pics in signature)....good ride comfort, highish profile for potholes and kerbs and acceptable handling.....👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Pete

Post by Pete »

Photos from this morning. I had to stand out in the rain to take these... Hopefully these give a better impression of what 18s look like.

First photo is with the air springs set to 'Low'. Second photo is after the air has settled on parking up.

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0623.jpg

goron59

Post by goron59 »

That's quite a good look. Simple and classy 👍
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR