Hello fellow Macan drivers!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
swarwick007

Post by swarwick007 »

Hello fellow Macan drivers,

After 10 years of 911 ownership, ranging from 993, 997.1, 997.2 - we are just about to take delivery of our new Macan Diesel S, so figured its about the right time to join in the macan forum.

Test drove the GTS and fell in love, but given I do 80-100 miles a day, am looking to reduce running costs of the 911 not go south :-)

After then testing the diesel, i was blown away, and we really liked it.

We were going to order a new one, but the dealer had one spec'd in stock with just 17miles on the clock, its pretty loaded from what i can tell,

Vehicle Optional Equipment
Jet Black Metallic Black
Bi-Xenon main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
Panoramic roof system
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Power steering Plus
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 75-litre fuel tank
21-inch 911 Turbo Design wheels
18-inch collapsible spare wheel
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Light comfort package (i.c.w driver memory package, comfort memory package or adaptive Sports seats with comfort memory package)
Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way)
Seat heating (front)
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints (front)
Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM) BOSE® Surround Sound System
Connect Plus

Look forward to chatting with you all

regards,

happy days

Post by happy days »

Welcome!
Macan S D
718 S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Welcome. Buy it! Unless you don't mind waiting in which case spec something you like and see how they compare :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
swarwick007

Post by swarwick007 »

Thanks! - should be ready for collection on Thursday, its just going through PDI, will post some pics,
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Sounds like a great spec! theres not much that isnt there that we'd tell you to add if it was new!

Look forward to seeing pictures!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
swarwick007

Post by swarwick007 »

Thanks, ive never run in a diesel, when the 911 was new, we just drove it! :-), will let you know what the dealer says is best to do on a diesel lump.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

swarwick007 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm Thanks, ive never run in a diesel, when the 911 was new, we just drove it! :-), will let you know what the dealer says is best to do on a diesel lump.
Welcome to the forum. For the first 1000 miles, try and avoid full throttle (especially full throttle kick down). Keep the engine below 3000 rpm. Those revs in 7th take you into licence losing territory so running in is not too much of a hardship.

Just remember to only use the black pump to fill up. Unlike with petrols, it's possible to insert the wrong nozzle into the fill pipe.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
happy days

Post by happy days »

You'll only need to fill once in the first 1,000 miles. It should be full from the OPC and you'll get 600 miles per tank, roughly. Use it in auto mode and it'll change up fairly early on so you'll avoid the revs. The only thing my SA told me was to avoid constant speed motoring, like on a motorway, for example. If you have to do a motorway run home (like I did) use different gears to avoid same revs.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

The spec of the car is pretty good, literally the only thing missing for a long commute car is ACC which really is a great cruise system and much better than the standard system.

Just do not expect blistering acceleration at Mway speeds, to get better acceleration the flappy padels need using or switch it into Sport mode.

Taking of Sport mode you will find that the gearbox and throttle are a bit sluggish in comfort mode. But put it in Sport mode for pretty good acceleration on the move from 30 to Mway speeds
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome.
Looks like a great spec.. For run in just take it easy for 1000 miles ish. Very easy to run in at legal speeds.

Remember photos.