Hi from a new owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

cat5326 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 pm Yes! I thought long and hard about larger wheels and two things swayed me to these. 1. I can clean them 'every day' from the outside very easily and 2. I wanted the best comfort through the highest profile and I have to admit - its like riding on air.
It was Simon Blackmoor and he rang up today to check all was well. First impressions - comfort is brill, so quiet, roadholding is great (although not pushed to hard as running it in) as much power as I will need and what great economy. I guess I should never say that with a Porsche......but average is around 40mpg and bound to get better.

Thanks for all your comments.
I also ordered 18's (to reduce the total cost) with all-seasons fitted - which are not available now, with Air, and only had them on for the journey home. The ride was sublime. I replaced them with my 'spare' 19" wheels now with summers tyres fitted, and the 18's will be will be perfect as my winter wheels.
Easy to clean and look quite good I think. They could be painted brake dust black to look more trendy perhaps.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

Movistar

Post by Movistar »

Hi all
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

I'd like to change my thread now from 'new owner' to simply owner... Two months on and an update.
The car is soo good. It is so smooth and comfortable, 100 miles - easy. Fuel consumption is brilliant with average of around 40mpg. Granted Im not the quickest off the mark, but really impressed. Everything just as it should be. My wife drove recently to the Midlands and told me next day - it saved her life. The autonomous braking, ACC, the brakes and all the other bits were fantastic when she made a wrong turning into a dead end on a foggy 2am rushing back after her father had passed away... So thank you my Porsche. (I wish she had put the sat nav on earlier, then no wrong turning!!!)

Yes, very pleased.

Reflections....maybe I might have had a panoramic but in all honesty I don't know why. Wheels - I wouldn't change as I can get my hands in and clean them completely almost every day. Trim - brilliant, spot on. Power, fantastic - perfect for us.

I think only one minor niggle, when we open the boot much of the rainwater falls inside. Seems strange, almost a design faul, but without others comments, I might be really nitpicking - just shows how best pleased I am..

I'd better start saving for the next one!!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Great you're enjoying it, and it's safety credentials have already proved themselves!

Re rainwater entering the boot - try limiting the height the tailgate opens to just enough for your needs. When the boot is open, manually set it to where you want it, then press and hold the lowering button until you hear a beep. It will then auto open to that height every time.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Thanks Nick :idea: a great tip ๐Ÿ‘
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Great idea, I'll try that and post thoughts in a while. Thanks Nick ๐Ÿ‘
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Been in to the Porsche dealer in Abu Dhabi today (I thought I may try and get a few Arabic freebies) mmm I wonder what I expected ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Talked about their Macans and they are much higher specification than UK. Air suspension is standard, wood trim throughout, nice rear window blinds and a few other bits. Nice to see the car in the show room was Agate Grey, same as mine. It almost felt like home for a few minutes!!