Petrol​ or Diesel

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I'll have another look at lead times on the petrol, may not be as long as I guessed!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).

happy days

Post by happy days »

With such low mileage a diesel makes little sense, tax excepted.
Macan S D
718 S
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Petrol
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Muck

Post by Muck »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:46 pm SD residuals seem to have softened, not just dieselgate but the simple fact is that there are so many now out there compared to petrol
I think once the gts hits the open market in a few years. The s residuals might end up in the same boat
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Totally agree with Sidscott. Your budget, mileage p.a. and driving style will be keys to your decision and ultimately your enjoyment of your Macan
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

I was always quoted a long lead time for a petrol S and so I ordered an SD. However I was never really happy with the SD choice ( mileage,dpf issues etc etc) and whilst still being advised of a long lead time by my OPC I cancelled the SD and switched to an S when Nottingham advised the could source an S, to my Spec, in 3 months; my OPC then matched this with a delivery in less than 3 months and ahead of the March tax deadline. So I would advise ignore any lead time advice and press for what you want.
Maximus_84

Post by Maximus_84 »

Sorry to hijack this post - I currently drive an Audi RS3 but am looking to change my car to a small SUV and I'm considering the Macan, SQ5 and new RSQ3. However the Porsche for me is top of the pile and like every petrol head, the boyhood dream was to own a Porsche :D

With the Macan due to my budget is be looking for 2018 model whereas the Audi's will be 2019. I'm also in the same dilemma and want to know the best route on model..

I drive around 8/9k miles a year and it's mainly 20-25 minute drive to work on country lanes but there's times where I'm driving to sites with work and it's motorway driving long distance.. what do people suggest?

I'm a petrol head at heart and love engine noise (hence the 5 pot!) But I've had diesels in the past with BMW 435d and enjoyed the power and noise too..
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

What is the March tax deadline?
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Maximus_84 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 pm Sorry to hijack this post - I currently drive an Audi RS3 but am looking to change my car to a small SUV and I'm considering the Macan, SQ5 and new RSQ3. However the Porsche for me is top of the pile and like every petrol head, the boyhood dream was to own a Porsche :D

With the Macan due to my budget is be looking for 2018 model whereas the Audi's will be 2019. I'm also in the same dilemma and want to know the best route on model..

I drive around 8/9k miles a year and it's mainly 20-25 minute drive to work on country lanes but there's times where I'm driving to sites with work and it's motorway driving long distance.. what do people suggest?

I'm a petrol head at heart and love engine noise (hence the 5 pot!) But I've had diesels in the past with BMW 435d and enjoyed the power and noise too..
At your mileage I would probably go GTS. I can honestly say I love my SD. The only place it is lacking is at silly motorway speeds.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

PowerMalc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 pm What is the March tax deadline?
In april 2017 there was a change to road tax and cars costing more than £40K were penalised, see:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/car-tax-bands-explained
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(