First time Porsche owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here

Post by 007 »

Hi all. At 56 I had the green light from the wife to purchase my first Porsche. My previous car was a Audi Q5 S Line 3.00 tdi ...great car but the Macan is just another story. I have the Turbo version and what a machine. Compared to the Audi it's a much better ride, softer and more composed when you want it to be and an out and out animal if you dare. Audi on 20 inch, Porsche on 21 inch Classic rims and its still miles better in the corners, rough roads and much more comfortable. I have not had the car that long so just trying to get to grips with all the gizmos, but happy thus far. The only downside with a turbo is the mpg, I recorded 22 mpg after a few quick sessions and don't forget you need to use super unleaded at 1.37 per L. My drive to work is 2 miles or 4 miles the long way round so the running cost is not an issue.
My only issue is a strange sound from the exhaust, when you hold the revs to 1100 ish rpm it's sounds strange, so blip the throttle, all OK and as it drops to the 1100 you hear the sound again but once below 1000 it's all good! The sound is like someone shaking a tin with rusty old metal.... not nice. If anyone has a Turbo maybe they could try the same 1100 test. Porsche Leeds are going to have a look but I thought I would ask you guys.

Thanks for reading if you are still with me! Any thoughts?
Macan Turbo
White, Black interior, Sports Chrono, Pan Roof, 21 Black Classic, Red Seat belts, P Glass, LED plus, 18 way plus more. ...
Other Car, BMW Z3 2.8 1998 47k Metallic Blue.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, 007! Good to have you on board! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think the Leeds OPC is your best bet regarding the exhaust rattle and I'm sure that they'll sort you out.

Photos and your spec would be of interest to the good folk on here! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

You are obviously a man of great style and taste (you will know why I say that in my signature)

The obvious answer to your problem is to keep you foot planted to the floor.

Enjoy our forum and collective banter

Ps
If it is any consolation with the mpg, I attained single figure mpg at Silverstone PEC when I drove a Turbo there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20โ€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

22mpg sounds reasonable for a turbo. We average 24 in our petrol S.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Great choice of car :)

Also 56 and getting a turbo in a few weeks :)

I will be thrilled if I get 22 out of mine :D
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Not a Turbo, but no strange noises from my GTS.
If you have PSE I wonder if 1100 rpm is just be right reves to provoke a bit of baffle rattle? Otherwise the dealership is the right place to go.
PS, where do you buy your fuel?๐Ÿ˜ฎ! I filled up with Esso Super-Duper this pm at only ยฃ1.18..๐Ÿ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 pm PS, where do you buy your fuel?๐Ÿ˜ฎ! I filled up with Esso Super-Duper this pm at only ยฃ1.18..๐Ÿ˜‰
Seems like the petrol pump at MI6 that 007 uses is a bit pricey! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Post by 007 »

Hi guys and thank you for your warm welcome. Just returned from holiday, Jersey in fact.....great place max speed limit 40 mph but most of the island is 30 mph. Funny you see so many fast cars!!

OK my car is, Macan Turbo in White with Black leather, Piano Black interior, Red seat belts, PASM, Sports Chrono Pack, 21 in Classic Black wheels, LED Headlights Plus, Privacy Glass, Pan Sunroof, Black Roof rails, Black Window trim, Reversing Camera, 18 way seats, Home Link garage door opener, Bose, as well as all the standard stuff Sat Nav, mobile etc. Think I have covered everything and might have included some options as standard....sorry if I have but it's difficult to know what's what on Porsche cars as you all know!
Exhaust update, car was picked up and taken to Porsche Leeds, after being looked at they said they are happy to fit a new system due to the strange sounds, car returned that evening even replaced fuel used! great service I must say.
But that's not all, I asked about the Sports Exhaust as they are replacing the system anyway, I asked if i could upgrade, came back with a yes!! I need to add some cash but not the full amount by a long way, even get the all important button on the consol. Happy days. Part on order next week.
I will keep you posted if you are interested.
Cheers
Macan Turbo
White, Black interior, Sports Chrono, Pan Roof, 21 Black Classic, Red Seat belts, P Glass, LED plus, 18 way plus more. ...
Other Car, BMW Z3 2.8 1998 47k Metallic Blue.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and would love to see some pics.
Coming from a Q5 also I completely agree with you on the changes.

Porsche is a huge step forward and a different drive. ๐Ÿ‘
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€