Test Drive on Tuesday

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
TobyJug

Post by TobyJug »

It was Jilly Durrant (main contact who also showed us around the area behind) and Michael Grady. Excellent and spanking new building, very convenient for/from M4. Also very close to Ikea which my wife thought was an advantage !

TobyJug

Post by TobyJug »

Jilly Durrant (who showed us around the parking area behind) and Michael Grady.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I don't think I've dealt with those.

Did you get introduced to the exceptionally scary sales manager? He might not be scary to everyone, but he certainly put the frighteners on me.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad all went well.

Wait three weeks and then give the PEC at Silverstone a ring to arrange your 1/2 session on the circuits there, if you wait for them to contact you it could be 6-8 weeks before they do so.

Do read up on what available extras are and the function they do, there is Evils sticky post explaining them all.

The GTS is pretty much well specified as it is and I suggest you tick the extras:-
Spare wheel
Internal light pack
ACC if you like to use CC when on a Mway
PS+

Also consider LEDs which are a quantum leap better than Xenons.

Standard GTS has 8 way seats, do have a long test drive in a GTS which has the seats you intend to include in your configuration.

If considering Entry and Dive do read Bazzas excellent thread on Vehicle Security.

Enjoy the hours on the Confuserator.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pete

Post by Pete »

Basically, 18-way seats if you're slim, 14 way if you're built like me.

There's a video on YouTube that has someone comparing Xenon and LED headlights on a couple of 911s. It's not exhaustive, but it'll let you see the difference.

Your hardest decision might be air vs. steel.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

If you're thinking of an extensive option list you could add in a Turbo?

You know you want to really!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats on placing the GTS order! 👍

July order for October delivery is really good! Hope this is confirmed for you.

Looking forward to seeing your initial spec, and then seeing how it 'develops' 😉
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
TobyJug

Post by TobyJug »

Pete wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:07 pm I don't think I've dealt with those.

Did you get introduced to the exceptionally scary sales manager? He might not be scary to everyone, but he certainly put the frighteners on me.
Yes ! I met Michael Grady on a few occasions although 95% of the contact was with Jilly. Hopefully he is less gruff once you get to know him
TobyJug

Post by TobyJug »

Tim92gts wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm If you're thinking of an extensive option list you could add in a Turbo?

You know you want to really!
Wow. That is not fair ! There I was thinking that everything was more or less settled and now you have completely upset the applecart. You realise that this means that I now have to do a complete comparison between the two and, if I can convince myself that the Turbo is the one for us (me), I will have to test drive it, go through the whole procedure again AND persuade my wife that it is justified.... Back to the drawing board.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Ah, so that's his name. I remember him shaking my hand with that "you're not fit to date my daughter" look in his eyes.

He does a good job though and I was more than impressed with the whole buying experience a few weeks ago.

Since hand-over, nothing has gone wrong with the car apart from a squeaky rear wiper that was changed FOC. I've not seen what they're like on servicing yet though, but I expect the same level of professionalism.