Rejected Evoque to a Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1877

Post by Deleted User 1877 »

Hi All,

Having been a voyeur for the last few months on here reading everyones expertise and invaluable advice its nearly time now for me to finalise the spec on my SD Macan. This is probably about the 7th spec i've created but I think I've nailed it.

PJ1UI7P3 - any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated..

(I've come from a rejected 2nd evoque which took 5months to achieve having to play the game and put an order on a velar in order to get out of the LR finance..)

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Wow! £14k extras is a lot. As long as you don't mind being hit by the depreciation. Might be worth considering the spare wheel. If you have children in the back regularly they love heated rear seats! And the 75 litre fuel tank is a no cost no brainer. My only other comment relates to the badge delete. This also removes the Macan badge as well as the diesel bits on the wings. If I had realised this I might have looked into getting the diesel bits removed (I don't like the look of them) but kept the Macan badge.
Deleted User 1877

I'll be putting tyre / wheel insurance on it as previously always had that and proved invaluable - so not so sure on the need for a spare wheel. I've moved away from the front lip, so thats a big increase along with the LEDs. I previously didn't have them on but I drive 25,000/yr and plan to keep this for 4 years..

A car is to be enjoyed and driven IMHO.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and great spec.
Lots of extras and as you say if it's for you enjoy it.
Especially spending 25000 miles a year in it, it will feel like a home 😊

My personal feeling is consider metallic paint. Its cleans and stays looking better in the long run imo.
Sport design mirrors look fab but as your car is black you won't notice the black plastic as much anyway.
Auto dimming mirrors.
Obviously everything is based on budget so may want to remove something if the above options are prefered
It's a shame they don't do a diesel but with a GTS spec as this is really where you are but at 25000 miles a year it has to be diesel all the way.

I have never had much positive stuff to say about LR and neither have my friends that own them so I am sure you are in a much better place with the Macan.

Do you have a delivery timescale?
GTS 😀
Deleted User 1877

Thank you!

I'll have another look at the spec as there is room to manuvere on certain items - I drove a GTS a few weeks back at a work consultants showroom event, Porsche Kendal were there and they happily handed the keys over. It was glorious to drive although the mobile traffic detector turned up to be a killjoy due to the number of porsches driving up and down the road that day..

My first LR was perfect coming from a previous qashqai, but the second with the smaller engine size was a real disappointment. Regretted it instantly as I'd never bought the same car twice ever, but felt a jump to a RR Sport was a jump to far. We ended up watching it being built in the factory, but it truely was a Friday afternoon car. Creaks, wrattles, dropped phone calls, sat nav wobblers, funny smelling air con, what sounded like a stone being dropped into a lake coming from the engine every now and again to name a few issues of many, it was in the garage every week or so at least. They heavily discounted it, sold it to another, saying there were issues with it but they didn't quite know what, and its been back in and out of the local LR dealer ever since.. (as after all that I've still remained friends with the guy who sold me it)

The Macan gets built on the 15August so locking it down this coming Monday in the meantime I'm leasing an X3 month to month, which is just differing shades of plastic but it drives without faults at least and will make the Macan delivery even more special..
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum. Unlike others, as you'll see from the code in my signature, I don't think you're spending too much to get the car just as you like it.

My only query relates to your selection of "standard interior". Have you seen a SD or S with standard interior? It's not the same as a GTS. You might want to consider leather.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 1877

I've been given twice now an SD of a day - one had very basic interior, not even the satnav, the other had the 14 way seats which made a huge difference in being able to extend the seat. I was ok with the leather inside I thought. I've driven the GTS recently hence the exuberant decision to add the Alcantara steering wheel purely from an 'I'd like it' point of view...

I also had very light grey leather in my previous evoque, which worked well against the black pack on it, but my after the 5months of owning it and a love of diesel jeans it looked awful. back to black it is I think. I considered the beige but that will heavily mark I've been told as well.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You have a very comprehensive spec there just the job for the miles you will be driving.

I certainly would not want to drive 25k miles a year without a spare wheel and a couple of cans of sealant/inflator to give myself options. It can take a few days to get a tyre if the damaged tyre is beyond repair. I was in a Porsche Assist loaner C class for 5 days whilst my own Turbo was off the road

Consider ACC which is way better than standard CC and is far safer to use when mile munching.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Well done
I ordered mine early June and it is 'sailing' across to me in readiness for my wedding anniversary. I'm no expert here (as you will see from some comments about my introduction post) ha ha... but your spec seems brill. I had badge deletion too, but I seem to recall the salesman saying that removal of the 'diesel' words is pretty normal now. Strangely, I got right to the wire (5.30 on a Friday before I flew back to work on Saturday) for a LR Evoque and it was only my wifes blase comment.....WHAT....HOW MUCH.... we can buy a Porsche for that much!!! and we walked away....What a blessing for me.....ordinary working bloke with a Porsche soon....can't believe it!
Back to your spec.... I think the 75litre tank is also standard now too.
I love the electric tow bar and sooo wish I had chosen it....not to tow...but to show off as it deploys and retracts like a piece of art.
I think a wise choice on the monochrome black exterior - my choice too and 21 inch wheels....pretty good. I was only able to have the standard ones, hope I don't regret that one too..
Good luck and good choice..
Deleted User 1877

Thats both, I've driven ACC on my fathers car and I don't quite like the response it gives, feels like I'm not in control kind of.

I'll be putting the usual tyre allow etc insurance on so I'm going to take the risk without the spare, I've only ever once had a deflation that emptied the tyre in minutes, so I'm risking it again!

Todays been about should I chose the towbar verses bikes on the roof, if i'm honest will prob never have more than 4 at one time on so maybe roof it is plus I do not like the lip, no matter what my better half thinks, so I'm airing towards the skid plates front and rear, (wannabe turbo owner), as opposed to the SD pack, which also brings a slight saving. Budgeting myself it seems!

The removal of the badge is as we all know what a turbo looks like and a GTS, so I'd say mines obviously just a macan without the need for the announcement.

I agree its insane the macan is cheaper than the evoque - and then you drive it and it makes the evoque feel like a ford focus.. when we tested it we just wanted to drive and drive - northcoast 500 is on the cards this year!