New Member.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bart

Post by Bart »

Hello. Quick intro as a new member. I've had a number of Porsches over the past 25 years going way back to a 944. I'm actively seeking a Macan having just sold a 2015 Range Rover Sport I wish I had never seen.
So, I've a couple of questions which I wouldn't mind a few opinions on. I'm very much a petrol engine fan so I'm looking at either a GTS or a Turbo, first question, does your particular Macan have a pan-roof and if so how important was it for you to have one ? I've seen a nice 17 reg GTS in silver minus pan- roof, the money is right and silver is my first colour choice (I'm an old bugger)..... I'm thinking of residuals and as more become available will pan-roof models be more desirable...... Hope to purchase something this next week and look forward to sharing ownership experiences. Bart .

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome Bart.

As a Rhodium silver Macan owner with a Pano roof I can say we love the Pano roof and is open most days. I added a fair few options as it's what we wanted and not from a resale point of view.
I would say that a Pano roof is a nice to have but certainly more important things that would come first imo.
I could live without it if I was in your situation and the rest of the car was right...

Hope this helps
GTS 😀
Pete

Post by Pete »

Welcome from a fellow Land Rover owner. I've had three LR cars before I defected to Porsche...
Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks for the warm welcome and prompt reply Gents. I have my eye on the silver GTS with black leather and white stitched GTS emblem at Tewkesbury Porsche, it's 200 miles from home in the Pennines but unless anything else appears (with roof) in the next few days I intend making the journey south...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Bart! The GTS is a fine beast, and Rhodium Silver is a great colour! ;)

If YOU are not that bothered about the pano roof, I wouldn't worry too much about the effect on resale. Folks on here have sold pano-less Macans with no issues. It costs more to buy one with a pano, and you may get a little more on resale, but any premium would be pretty negligible. The pano is not a must have for resale. And the GTS will be a sought after variant anyway.

Tewkesbury are a great OPC and I have bought my last two Porsches from them! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great with GTS interior in Rhodium and carbon interior trim...!

IMG_1828.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

That GTS has been on sale at Tewkesbury for a while as I've been keeping an eye out for a silver GTS too, so maybe try & negotiate hard if you can. I don't dispute any of the comments above about pano roofs, but interestingly, at Goodwood recently I spoke to 3 separate premium dealers who had stands there and when they asked about my Macan, the very first question they asked after the model variant was if it had a pano roof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Paul

Post by Paul »

To echo wingco, my first SD was roofless and sold well at 9 months old / 9000 miles.
Mrs Paul wanted a roof in the current GTS (and paid for it😉)
Personally, from a usage point if view, I never open or even tilt it....
Mrs P says its nicer in the back with a glass roof (I can't comment as I never sit in the back!)
A GTS with no roof will (probably) sell better than a Turbo with no roof....
Buying new, a roof is £1200 of which you'll get back (?) 50%..., used us a different matter.
To sumarise, if you absolutely want a roof fine, but don't let that stop you buying a roofless car for the right money.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

The only reason I have a Pano is to lighten the interior, that is all.

I have owned my particular Turbo for nine months and the roof has been tilted once and fully opened once.

Previous Macan I had for six months and opened it once just to see what it was like.

So please do not get hung up on a Pano.

If you are happy with what is included in the GTS as it is then that is all that matters.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Welcome to the forum Bart. I have have an S without a pano. When speccing ours the dealer was adamant that satnav and Sports chrono were essential (we didn't spec sports chrono) and he said we had a very desirable and resellable spec, without a pano. It's really up to you whether you feel that you need one. If the silver one you're looking at meets your needs and you're indifferent about the pano then go check it out.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016