New Member.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hi Bart.

My first Macan (used) had pano roof and loved it. Not so much because you can open it, but because of how much light it lets in, without glare. You know how good the glass tint is when you open the roof and you can't see any more :-)

Anyway, I liked it so much that I specced it when buying Macan №2 new.

I did this even though I value low weight and sportiness; two things that the roof does nothing to enhance.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bart wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 am I've had a shuffle on the configurator earlier in the week, my only issue is I'm in need of a car pretty quickly unless I use the old Forester we keep for use in the winter. It certainly makes sense to buy new, a 67 plate car with pan-roof, chrono, Bose and so on for £65k. Will keep the forum updated..... thanks again for your tremendous input.
Hi Bart. If you can get your ideal GTS, in your chosen colour, with your perfect spec, within your budget, then buying brand new sounds good. Hoping that by ringing around some OPCs, you can chance upon a GTS slot for a relatively short lead time. Might be worth driving around in your Forester in some summer/autumn months... 👍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bart

Post by Bart »

Should have some news by mid-week, will keep you posted..... :D
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I'd definitely buy new if I was spending that sort of money. I think lead times are coming down judging by comments on here. I only had to wait 3 months for my turbo. Re pano roof it was the only option I wasn't sure of in my spec but after a few weeks I'm glad I ordered it. My only regret is not going for full leather - but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S