New Member.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Spud

Post by Spud »

Bart wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 pm Thanks for the warm welcome and prompt reply Gents. I have my eye on the silver GTS with black leather and white stitched GTS emblem at Tewkesbury Porsche, it's 200 miles from home in the Pennines but unless anything else appears (with roof) in the next few days I intend making the journey south...
Have a look on the Nottingham Porsche website, they have a lovely Volcano Grey GTS Demo for sale, great spec

Regards

Spud
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks for all the input, I'm spending sometime over the weekend sourcing the right car, I'm sticking to buying through a main dealer, autotrader has a good number of late model Macans being sold by non franchise dealers, maybe imports ? or just uk cars with big mark-ups ? most are certainly more expensive than dealer examples.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Or if interest, what kind of budget and age of car are you looking at?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Pete wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 am Or if interest, what kind of budget and age of car are you looking at?
Low 60's Pete, 65 ceiling, anymore than that and the Mrs will make my life most uncomfortable. I've a cash budget having parted with a pig of a Range Rover sport and I'm "allowed' to put 10k or so towards a new one, 17 plate ideally .......... Never marry an accountant.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Good luck with your search Bart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Bart

With that sort of budget a new GTS is in the ball park.

I have ticked a few boxes of extras in the configurator that I would want in any Macan.

The resultant code is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJB9YFB3

This gives you rhodium paint, surround cam, a spare wheel, 14 way seats, PS+, front seat heating, heated steering wheel, interior light pack all for less than £62k.

Add to this a Pano and 18 way seats and few other goodies and you are below your £65k limit.

Given that you live in Gods country I would certainly include LEDs in preference to the standard Xenons as I have found them to be far better than the Xenons I had on my SD.

My signature includes my own favourite must have extras.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

As Col says......I paid £64K new for mine last sept (including the hugely expensive £2K GTS interior...)
Worth checking delivery times from a couple of dealerships and getting the spec you want if the timescales allow?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bart

Post by Bart »

I've had a shuffle on the configurator earlier in the week, my only issue is I'm in need of a car pretty quickly unless I use the old Forester we keep for use in the winter. It certainly makes sense to buy new, a 67 plate car with pan-roof, chrono, Bose and so on for £65k. Will keep the forum updated..... thanks again for your tremendous input.
NiMac

Post by NiMac »

Hi new member. Bought a second hand Cobalt Macan SD May 2016 it was an Aug 15, so I sold myself the idea that ordering a new one pretty much straight away would protect the asset and allow for a more bespoke spec. Did just that and took delivery May 17. New Volcano SD, had driven the GTS and with 20k mileage pa the mid range performance on motorway etc it was underwhelming and unnecessary so decided to stick with torque not horses. The new spec includes sports grills and sides, pano roof and was able to ditch tow bar and leather interior which I saw as unnecessary. Blackened trims all round and black model denomination on boot minus the diesel on side which makes it a bit of a bat mobile but I think looks smart. Think it's a keeper.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Welcome to the forum.
I have a GTS with pano roof. I guess it's all down to personal choice. I wouldn't worry too much about resale. Just buy and enjoy!
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather